PDA

View Full Version : I may have just hit the mother load

grubbylabs
09-04-2012, 11:46 PM
A friend of mine is taking over the junk yard his Mom owns and he asked me to be the parts sales manager.

I am hoping as many wheel weights come through there as I think do.

Now I just need to figure out how to get them off the wheels and still find time to do my job:bigsmyl2:

Kskybroom
09-05-2012, 03:38 AM
Dont forget to get the Battery Terminals an
Battery Posts ....

H.Callahan
09-05-2012, 01:40 PM
A friend of mine is taking over the junk yard his Mom owns and he asked me to be the parts sales manager.

I am hoping as many wheel weights come through there as I think do.

Now I just need to figure out how to get them off the wheels and still find time to do my job:bigsmyl2:
Isn't that why you have minions?
:bigsmyl2:

John in WI
09-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Isn't that why you have minions?
:bigsmyl2:

Right--hand them the WW pliers and say "Don't you have some of my bidding to do?"

Hamish
09-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Don't forget to practice the laugh: Muhawhawhawhaha,,,,,,

grubbylabs
09-05-2012, 10:15 PM
I will be the only minion there for a while, as the parts puller is the guy in charge. although I suspect that if I sounded serious enough when threatening to leave him hi and dry, he might pull a few for me. So far in about 5 years of running his own business(he ran his own repair shop before this) I am the only guy he has hired, not because I am good, but because he feels like he can trust me.

Roundnoser
09-06-2012, 08:39 AM
WWs are ok, but I think you will be amazed at the different forms of lead that scrap yards get! Everytime I visit my local scrap yard, they have pallets full of old lead drain pipes, etc.

Also, many of the WWs that come in may already be in buckets from area tire shops. Around here, tire shops throw their buckets of WWs into cars they are scrapping.

Just my observations...

John Wayne
09-07-2012, 08:20 AM
That's my dream job!

GL49
09-07-2012, 12:47 PM
"Around here, tire shops throw their buckets of WWs into cars they are scrapping."

Dang! It's a shame to live on the wrong side of the country.

grubbylabs
09-07-2012, 07:10 PM
That's my dream job!

Do you speak Spanish?

John Wayne
09-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Do you speak Spanish?

That's a good one...and you're right. I did stay at the La Quinta last night:groner:

grubbylabs
09-07-2012, 09:45 PM
The first person I hire will have to be bilingual. We have lots of Spanish folks who come through and we need to cater to them. Having someone who can communicate with them will do nothing but good for us.

however the very next person will have to have an intimate relation ship with wheel weight pliers.:bigsmyl2:

Defcon-One
09-08-2012, 12:03 PM
.....not because I am good, but because he feels like he can trust me.

In my book, that makes you really good!

Pulling wheel weight off of wheels is hard work. I hope you find it rewarding and fruitful!

10 ga
09-10-2012, 09:39 PM
My spanish is limited but useful, and most of it I learned at my visits to the junkyard. bueno arbusto = nice bush, home run = home run, goal = goal, cervesa = beer, tequila = whiskey, etc... I make do. The guys at the junk yard like to see me come in, I always bring them tomatoes and a bunch of peppers to gift to them. Then I get to weigh in my scrap and then go comb through the lead bin. You catch more flies with syrup than vinegar. LOL, best scrounging to all, 10 ga

x

Plate plinker
09-10-2012, 10:01 PM
They probably break down the tire/rimand that is where the ww shouldbe harvested.
Good luck,
Stay cool.