PDA

View Full Version : DEADBEAT - opcon4

lonewolf5347
05-19-2007, 02:41 PM
This guy had a lyman trimmer for sale a few weeks back $20.00,so I did send him the money for the trimmer.
He turns around and send me a REDDING TRIMMER outdated from early years and I mean early years.
I pm him a few times and he states he made a mistake will be glad to refund my money,that about 3 weeks now ,I shot him a pm this past week on wed: said it was in the mail should get bu friday,today is Sat: still no refund
I would have to say buyer beware with this seller,I hate to give anyone a bad feedback

357maximum
05-19-2007, 03:15 PM
I recently had dealings with opcon4...he seemed above board to me...I even got a "irregular" set of handles as a bonus from the deal.............I one time had my wife tend to my bussiness at the P.O...a half week later i spy it in her back seat.....sh..stuff happens...give him a few days before the condemming....then commence to slaying his name if it is truly due...

lonewolf5347
05-19-2007, 05:51 PM
I would be glad to retract the above statement as long as I got more then it is in the mail, just don't like the run around,I did explain to him on the last PM
THIS WAS GOING TO BE THE LAST PM I WILL SEND

txpete
05-20-2007, 11:46 AM
I have had 2 dealings with him that were ..OK...I will say his shipping is a bit slow but they made it here ok.give him a little bit of time and then rip his lips if need be.
pete

bisleyfan41
05-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I pm him a few times and he states he made a mistake will be glad to refund my money,that about 3 weeks now

lonewolf, imho, if it's been 3 weeks since he said he'd refund the money and he still hasn't.......imo, slam away, this guy has definately overshot his "grace" period for a refund already. i'd be ticked, too!:mad:

lonewolf5347
05-20-2007, 04:07 PM
I PM this seller on 5-6-07 and he states a refund was due .
I posted the feedback yesterday the 5-19-07
I feel if I made a mistake on a item I was selling I would take all the steps to correct it as soon as possible,the last message was when I PM him and he stated it was in the mail already that PM was on 5-16-07

hivoltfl
05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
He deserves that bad feedback!

357maximum
05-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I did not origianally catch the three weeks,,,,holy crap...slam away....only loss of life or limb would prevent me from making my mistake right....and quick....

trickyasafox
05-20-2007, 11:16 PM
sorry you had a bad experience, i had a dealing with opcom for some 30 carbine dies and they arrived as expected and he even threw in some brass.

i wish your experience could have been as positive as mine.

lar45
05-21-2007, 01:16 PM
To err is human, but to not take care of the mistake is not acceptable.
I have made a couple of mistakes(honest mistakes), but when it was brought to my attention I made it right even if I had to go out of pocket to do so.
There has been a couple of times that I've sent hollow lube sticks instead of solid(for what ever reason, I didn't get solid written down on the order sheet) When it was brought to my attention, I sent out a new complete order of solid sticks and just asked that they pass the hollow sticks around as samples.

If he won't send the refund, then we need to know about it. Thanks for posting the info.

Scrounger
05-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I think most of us here consider our integrity as the most important thing we possess. I think most of us bend over backward to be more than fair in dealing with each other here. I have had financial dealings with a whole lot of you over the 8 years I've been coming in here, that is both buying and selling. I think most of us would rather lose the money than feel we cheated someone or have them think it. I think most of us feel our integrity and reputation is worth more than the amount of any transaction I've ever made here. The point to all that is that accusations like this are not posted without a great deal of thought and soul searching. Naturally none of us but the participants know all the details of what happened. I really hope it stays that way. I myself am in a similar situation with a poster here. So far I have not made anything public, and I hope it stays that way. When it started going bad, I did alert one of the Moderators about the details so they could be in the picture if it turned nasty. I also informed them I would gladly lose the small amount of money involved rather than endure a public shouting match. I figure the money is gone now and I can live with that. What I am debating is my responsibility to the group, warning them about potential problems. I think I will give this individual a few more days to see if he will stand up like a man or if we need brand him as what he seems to be. How much trouble is it to send a PM with a reason for non-performance? Most people are very understanding and forgiving if you give them a chance.

357maximum
05-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Scrounger pretty much summed it up.....nice wordsmithing....and exactly how 99% of us feel I think...

Junior1942
05-21-2007, 02:57 PM
With a handle like "OPCON4" the guy might be in Iraq. . . .

rmb721
05-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I agree with Scrounger.

I have had great dealings with many people on this site, both buying and selling and in a group buy.

My main concern is that the person I sell something to is satisfied. I usually ask them to send me a PM that they are satisfied. I think that is what almost everyone on this forum strives for.

45nut
05-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Opcon's public profile refers to being part of a swat team, not military. He has not visited CB since the 16th either so I sent him an email to prompt his re-appearance here.

A pattern seems to be some folks see various forums as pawn shops and flea markets and nothing more. A majority of the troublesome sellers are only here to sell and not take part in what this forum is truly about, that is a concern that I thought we addressed when we implemented the 25 post rule which was waived for due cause or personal knowledge of the seller elsewhere. That rule will be strictly adhered to with no waivers from this point forward.
These forums are for the discussion of the topic in our forum title and the swapping and selling section is merely a adjunct to simplify transactions between members and not meant to be a targeted audience for people that have no other interest in us here at CB.
Respect and happy buyers and sellers should be topmost in our dealings and that is hard to regulate from afar, personal honor is what matters to those of us that are here as members in good faith.
These posts are not here merely to "punish" anyone, but do serve us all in warning to keep our guard up.

Crash_Corrigan
05-21-2007, 03:31 PM
My anology is "Intergrity is like virginity......once you lose it you can't grow it back"

I have been dealing on the internet here and on sleze bay, auction arms and gun broker for 10 years. I only had one issue with a seller and that was on sleaze bay over shipping charges. I have bought and sold 25 guns over this period and I have never had a problem with anybody. This speaks well of the shooting community in general and I am happy about this. However if this person does not respond then you need to flame him big time. We as possible customers of this person are deserving of a head up.

No_1
05-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I have to agree completely. Honesty and integrity are all that matters to me. I had some major issues in my younger days that changed my life forever and now those 2 things have became the primary rule that I try to live my life by. I have refunded when someone is not happy with what they have received and I have even purchased (at the sold cost) back items that people have bought from me but found they no longer needed. I have had many dealings with many here and some that are gone. I have no regrets. I have been around since the 1st board so I am not a stranger here. If anyone is not happy with the dealings with me, please send a PM and I WILL make it right.

Would it be too much to ask for a section titled "Straight Shooters" where we can post the outcome of transactions with memebers? It will not eliminate the occasional bad dealings but it will let those who try to come in here and "fry by night" know they will be spotted.

45nut
05-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Would it be too much to ask for a section titled "Straight Shooters" where we can post the outcome of transactions with memebers? It will not eliminate the occasional bad dealings but it will let those who try to come in here and "fry by night" know they will be spotted.

Certainly not difficult,, I will go one step better.

Buckshot
05-25-2007, 03:26 AM
................Any word or update on this gomer yet?

............Buckshot

jballs918
05-26-2007, 01:42 AM
im still waiting on the brass that i traded. i guess you win some and lose some

357maximum
05-26-2007, 02:20 AM
im still waiting on the brass that i traded. i guess you win some and lose some

That is sad

kywoodwrkr
05-26-2007, 08:03 AM
I also sent him a Lyman 45 mould and GCs for which I was supposed to receive a smaller caliber mould and a couple Lees needing use.
He did mention he'd been trying to start collecting disability compensation, so there may be other circumstances. I myself am 66 and can fall apart any day.:roll:
With all the tremendous folks I've met here and traded and sold and bought from, I feel my glass is very full. :drinks:
It's difficlt not to dwell on the negative, but in all honesty, the positives on this forum is so much greater.:-D
Which reminds me, to those folks I've traded,sold and bought from....thanks!
DaveP kywoodwrkr

Newtire
05-26-2007, 07:55 PM
I also sent him a Lyman 45 mould and GCs for which I was supposed to receive a smaller caliber mould and a couple Lees needing use.
He did mention he'd been trying to start collecting disability compensation, so there may be other circumstances. I myself am 66 and can fall apart any day.:roll:
With all the tremendous folks I've met here and traded and sold and bought from, I feel my glass is very full. :drinks:
It's difficlt not to dwell on the negative, but in all honesty, the positives on this forum is so much greater.:-D
Which reminds me, to those folks I've traded,sold and bought from....thanks!
DaveP kywoodwrkr

I agree with kywoodworker. Of course, I didn't lose anything. I did have a deal with opcon on some 243 brass that didn't seem to be exactly what I sent for at first but at least he did send it. Said he was low on funds but would mail when he got the dough so waited & he sent it. Probably a guy down on his luck I'm guessing. Still, no excuse for not offering even an explanation. Too bad. there's certainly alot more good than bad here I will have to say also.

jballs918
05-27-2007, 12:41 AM
you know one thing i have noticed if you are low on the dough then just say it. all of us are trying to have fun with a hobby that is getting more and more money.

jballs918
05-29-2007, 10:46 PM
well i would like to post that opcon4 finally delivered. not sure what really happened with the whole deal. but you know, i still got them

hicard
05-29-2007, 11:42 PM
A couple of years ago I made a buy on gunbrokers and won the bid. My computer decided to take a crash (hard drive). By the time I got the computer fixed, I was black balled and excluded from the site alltogether. I was unable to find out who the seller was and make it right and I am to this day unable to make buys on gunbroker because of this incident. I tried to make it right but I have to contact the other party and I don't even know who it is. I guess I am just saying that sometimes things happen that are beyond our control.

hicard

jballs918
05-29-2007, 11:56 PM
hcard that would be ok but the fact is he told me once a week that we was sending me them. nothing more then that. my thing is i know poeple have issues in life, but when you string someone for about 4 to 5 weeks im just saying that is bad business. maybe thats just me. and i was not the only one with this issue.

legend
06-08-2007, 02:02 AM
i have waited two months for opcon4 to send me my 311 bullets i sent him .32 mag brass for;a couple weeks ago he said he would check with ups for a trace.no word yet from him and almost no comunication.....i would get his stuff first before tradeing,its up to you.legend

legend
06-14-2007, 12:57 AM
opcon4 sent the bullets owed.they had gone to the wrong address in april.legend

lonewolf5347
06-15-2007, 06:54 AM
I am still waiting for my refund

Swagerman
11-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Quote: "My anology is "Intergrity is like virginity......once you lose it you can't grow it back"

I believe this is not so, it can be surgically reattached...sort of like a custom retread tire. :mrgreen:

But when you sell or buy somethihg...live up to your end, or at least own up that you are having difficulty with your end.

If you are indeed having difficulty with your end, see your proctologist immediately. :mrgreen:

Jim