PDA

View Full Version : .308 Savage Striker

ebner glocken
05-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I bought a .308 Savage Striker yesterday with one of those aimpoint gizmos on top of it. The red dot gizmo is coming off of it soon, the trigger is bad to say the least and all I have at the moment is some 150 gr factory winchester stuff.

This being said it still shot 3 into one hole at 100 yd. It's a keeper, the sights can be replaced, and the trigger can be reworked or replaced. The groups are good and recoil is surprisingly well within my comfort range.

My question is: Anyone else have one of these? What seems to shoot well through them?...........wow.....my 100th post!

jh45gun
05-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Sounds like with some trigger work it will be a good pistol. I never had a centerfire one but did have one in 22 mag. I traded it in on a 22 mag Henry I could not stand the trigger on that Striker either though the rest of the gun was made well. The 308 in a pistol works well I have a Encore in 308 and have killed 5 deer with it so far. Two with cast bullet loads.

danski26
05-19-2007, 02:53 PM
What twist is the barrel?

Johnch
05-19-2007, 03:27 PM
I had one in 7-08
The grip didn't fit my hand
So like a fool I sold it , when a little sand paper work would have solved the problem

In mine , just about every jacketed load shot sub 1 1/2" at 100 , IF I did my part
With good hand loads shooting right around 3/4"

I put a Bushnell 2-6 x 32 scope on mine , because me and iron sights just don't mix
My chamber was generous , so fireformed cases just neck sized shot much better

I am always looking for a 308 , when I have the $$ non in my price range are to be found
When I am broke or close ( normal ) I find them [smilie=b: [smilie=b:

Have fun
Johnch