PDA

View Full Version : Swap meet find

woody13
09-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Well I have been casting for a few months and all my lead has been free because I have picked the burms where I shoot. Well yesterday while walking the swap meet I found a divers belt being used as a weight to hold down this guys tarp pole. So I made an offer and got 14# for nine bucks. Not the best price but beats driving and spending all day shifting through a mound of dirt plus the wifey was more than happy to pay it since I can spend more time with her. At home that is casting Yea!!!

RED333
09-03-2012, 10:14 PM
SWEET find, take it when you can!

500MAG
09-03-2012, 10:19 PM
I was walking thru the swap meet on this past Saturday, thats where I normally pick up scrap pewter, was walking by this one section and saw some wheel weights laying on the ground. I walked over and saw a couple small buckets full along with a partial 5 gallon bucket. I asked how much for all of it, he said $40, I said $25 and got it. combined them all in one 5 gallon bucket and there was 85 pounds.

woody13
09-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Dang 500 MAG now see that is what I want to stumble on some day and I will. Just keep a positive attitude and keep on looking.....

500MAG
09-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Dang 500 MAG now see that is what I want to stumble on some day and I will. Just keep a positive attitude and keep on looking.....

I never expected to find used wheel weights at the swap meet. I look all over the ground looking for dive weights, pewter & solder bars. Most of them don't know what they have. Also, I look for old spools of solder, usually, they will take a buck or two for them. I gave the guy I got the wheel weights from my card and told him I will buy all he can get.:bigsmyl2:

woody13
09-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Oh I forgot to say I did find a spare pot that should hold 20 pounds of lead to melt with a spoon that would work also for six bucks. It even had a lid so that day I kind of did well.... At least I think I did....

woody13
09-06-2012, 03:44 AM
Well made another good call today. I called the guy back from the swap meet that I got the dive belt from and he said he had two ingots of lead that were 25 pounds each. So I will get them on Sunday for. 75 cents a pound. Since I was feeling good and out and about I hit up three tire shops. The first said yes hed sell me a five gallon Bucket full for 25 bucks, next guy said bring a bucket once a month and its free, last guy said no he keeps his. At both the ones that said yes I got what they had as well about 20 pounds to pick through. So I am working it to get my hoard going for as cheap as I can and it seems slow but ya know what I sure am having fun doing it.....

4719dave
09-07-2012, 08:51 PM
BRING pizza and pop ,donuts and coffie goes a long way .
Well made another good call today. I called the guy back from the swap meet that I got the dive belt from and he said he had two ingots of lead that were 25 pounds each. So I will get them on Sunday for. 75 cents a pound. Since I was feeling good and out and about I hit up three tire shops. The first said yes hed sell me a five gallon Bucket full for 25 bucks, next guy said bring a bucket once a month and its free, last guy said no he keeps his. At both the ones that said yes I got what they had as well about 20 pounds to pick through. So I am working it to get my hoard going for as cheap as I can and it seems slow but ya know what I sure am having fun doing it.....