PDA

View Full Version : Deport Her To America

Jon K
05-18-2007, 09:07 PM
DEPORT HER TO AMERICA ..

The Rambo Granny of Melbourne , Australia
Gun-toting granny Ava Estelle, 81, was so ticked-off when two thugs raped her 18-year-old granddaughter that she tracked the unsuspecting ex-cons down - - and shot off their testicles.
The old lady spent a week hunting those men down -- and when she found them, she took revenge on them in her own special way, said Melbourne police investigator Evan Delp. Then she took a taxi to the nearest police station, laid the gun on the sergeant's desk and told him as calm as could be: 'Those ******** will never rape anybody again, by God.' Cops say convicted rapist and robber Davis Furth, 33, lost both his penis and his testicles when outraged Ava opened fire with a 9-mm pistol in the hotel room where he and former prison cell mate Stanley Thomas, 29, were holed up.
The wrinkled avenger also blew Thomas' testicles to kingdom come, but doctors managed to save his mangled penis, police said. The one guy, Thomas, didn't lose his manhood, but the doctor I talked to said he won't be using it the way he used to, Detective Delp told reporters. Both men are still in pretty bad shape, but I think they're just happy to be alive after what they've been through.
The Rambo Granny swung into action August 21 after her granddaughter Debbie was carjacked and raped in broad daylight by two knife-wielding creeps in a section of town bordering on skid row. "When I saw the look on my Debbie's face that night in the hospital, I decided I was going to go out and get those ******** myself 'cause I figured the Law would go easy on them," recalled the retired library worker. "And I wasn't scared of them, either-- because I've got me a gun and I've been shooting' all my life. And I wasn't dumb enough to turn it in when the law changed about owning one."
So, using a police artist's sketch of the suspects and Debbie's description of the sickos', tough-as-nails Ava spent seven days prowling the wino-infested neighborhood where the crime took place till she spotted the ill fated rapists entering their flophouse hotel.
I knew it was them the minute I saw 'em, but I shot a picture of 'em anyway and took it back to Debbie an d she said sure as hell, it was them, the oldster recalled.
So I went back to that hotel and found their room and knocked on the door and the minute the big one, opened the door, I shot 'em right square between the legs, right where it would really hurt em most, you know.
Then I went in and shot the other one as he backed up pleading to me to spare him. Then I went down to the police station and turned myself in.
Now, baffled lawmen are trying to figure out exactly how to deal with the vigilante granny. What she did was wrong, and she broke the law, but it is difficult to throw an 81-year-old woman in prison, Det. Delp said, especially when 3 million people in the city want to nominate her for Mayor.
DEPORT HER TO AMERICA --- WE NEED HER

I checked this out on Snopes to confirm.

Jon

piwo
05-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grumpy one
05-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I echo the "bravo", but realistically, if say a 40-year-old male had carried out the retribution he'd be facing a longish career in the slammer. It's just fortunate that the right kind of prison-proof granny was in the right place at the right time.

The Double D
05-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Better look at snopes again this is urban legend...a good urban legend, but legend none the less.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/justice/grambo.asp

Ron
05-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Definately FALSE, I would have posted this a long time ago if it had been fact. A good story but that is all.

Melbourne is still a bit wild, we had a man shot and killed in front of his wife and daughter last night. Suspect not known at this stage according to the news.

grumpy one
05-19-2007, 12:24 AM
That makes sense Ron, I wondered why it hadn't made the TV news. I also had a problem with how the old lady came to have the 9mm in the first place, and claim that a rule change had invalidated her entitlement to it. I think handguns have required licensing in Victoria since about the First World War, and she wasn't old enough to have had it that long. Lastly, she did too much damage for one shot.

Oh well, legends are better than nothing.

The Double D
05-19-2007, 12:35 AM
You might also consider the difficulty of hitting the "target" under the curcumstances. It going to take a specific angle to inflict only the damage described and get all three article at once. A contact wound maybe...and the second guy definitelly aint gonna hold still after the first guy got shot.

Bigjohn
05-19-2007, 04:13 AM
Don't really care if she is an urban myth; she's our urban myth just like Ned K.

We'll keep 'er.

John.

qajaq59
05-19-2007, 07:34 AM
If it is true, and I doubt it, I sure hope she got the right guys. There is nothing quite as unreliable as an eye witness. I'd prefer the courts and DNA evidence for this one.

SharpsShooter
05-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Don't really care if she is an urban myth; she's our urban myth just like Ned K.

We'll keep 'er.

John.

She might be an urban myth, but we need many more just like her. For once, I'd love to see the punishment fit the crime.

Ya can keep her John, but could you convince her to go on a motivational speaking tour...........:-D

SS

USARO4
05-19-2007, 08:45 AM
I heard the same story on the G. Gordon Liddy radio show about 7 years ago. I've retold it many times, hate to hear it's urban legend. Many of the stories of our old west justice are legend to, I guess we keep them going beacsuse it's how we want things to be.

monadnock#5
05-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Bernie Goetz. No good deed goes unpunished.

Even in Dirty Harry movies. You know, the one where in the beginning of the movie he drives a cruiser into the store where the hostages are held. Clambers out of the wreck brushing broken glass off his coat and out of his hair. Then proceeds to double tap the first two wise guys, and then turns the last guy into a female as his send off on a lengthy prison sentence. If I were his boss, I would have given Harry a week off and a big raise. But nope, not even in the movies....

Ken

9.3X62AL
05-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the verification, Ron. It did seem a little too good to be true, but--like Dirty Harry--still good entertainment. Of course, the crime scene work on that liquor store hold-up from the first movie would have been a real bear--but I'd have been glad to do it, nonetheless. :-)

DLCTEX
05-19-2007, 09:49 PM
My first thoughts were that she had to have emptied a clip into each of them to do that much damage, unless they were naked and she was a darned good shot. DALE I like the story though, and my 16 year old read the first post and had convulsions of laughter.

Jim
05-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Mnay years ago, there was a column in the "American Rifleman" entitled "The Armed Citizen". It was reprints of articles from newspapers about law abiding citizens defending themselves with firearms.
The one I remember best was an account of an elderly lady who woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of breaking glass. Being a widow, she procurred the only firearm her husband had left, a 12 gauge double. She knew it was loaded, but didn't know what with. She went downstairs and met the intruders in the front hall. On making visual contact, she shot the first one at point blank range in the chest. He died instantly. The second turned to run and she shot him squarely in the back. He died instantly as well. When the police arrived, they discovered that the old double had been loaded with 00 bockshot.
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!

SharpsShooter
05-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Jim,
I recall those articles also and the one that sticks in my mind was an elderly woman in a small apartment. She was woke up to the sound of a axe hitting her entry door and when the bad guy broke in, she capped him with a genuine Walker Colt, Black Powder cap & ball revolver. Apparently it was a one shot stop and the DA indicated no interest in pursuing the issue.

Harry Callahan's Granny..................possibly????????????????

SS

USARO4
05-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Those "Armed Citizen" articles are still published each month in all of the monthly NRA magazines. They are my favorite part.

dubber123
05-20-2007, 10:42 AM
The "Armed Citizen" part of the mag is the first I read, and generally the most enjoyable too.

lovedogs
05-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Urban legend or not, we need people like that. When the stories are true it's too bad that the shooter is usually the one to pay for dealing out justice.

I had a half-brother who went bad and when he broke into an old couples home to rob them the old man shot him through the heart with a .22 pistol and killed him. I didn't like losing my brother but respected the old man who did what he needed to do. I felt sorry for him though as his conscience bothered him after that. Too bad. Wish he hadn't had to suffer as it sure wasn't his fault. The old bird was a heck of a shot under stress!

That lady a few years ago who shot the man who molested her son in the court room shouldn't have had to go to prison, either. They should have let her have the robes of the judge who was presiding over that case and given her a Parent of the Year Award. That's California justice for you!

I do like our local cop here in my small eastern Mt. town. We have so little crime here that we only have one cop and he's usually found on a tractor instead of in an office. A few years ago the city fathers decided that they'd had enough complaints about a lady who let her vicious 150 lb. Rottweiler roam the town and terrorize everyone and their dogs. They told the cop to pick the dog up and do away with it. When he went to the ladies home to collect the mean dog it lunged against it's chain and broke it. It came straight at him. He whipped out his .357 and shot it dead-center in the head. Problem solved! Note that that he didn't shoot 75 shots with a semi-auto, but one shot from his trusty revolver! When I got my dog about 4 yrs. ago I asked if I'd have a problem with the law if I had to shoot a stray if it bothered me or my dog he said, "You do what you gotta do!" Now that's my kind of law man!

jabshooter
06-01-2007, 11:00 AM
FWIW back about 15 years ago an elderly man who owned a junkyard in Ma. was the victim of home intruders. As the perps bounced the poor helpless old guy around he eventually wound up in his bedroom-falling back over the bed he came up with his trusty Winchester Mod 94 and promptly shot the testicals off one of the intruders. That no goodnik was tracked down because of the wonderful blood trail-After hospital time the perp was convicted and to the best of my knowledge is still a guest of the State. I believe the gentleman's last name was Curboy.

Junior1942
06-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Many years ago I read about a woman who shot a would-be rapist in his crotch with the only firearm she had--a BB gun. But this particular BB gun was operated by a freon can and was fully automatic to the tune of 3,000 BBs per minute. The best I can remember, the ER picked something like 300 BBs from what was left of his manhood. . . .