PDA

View Full Version : Need a new source of loads

jim4065
05-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Title pretty well says it all. I've got several books with various loads listed, but haven't seen a good source of loads which includes most all bullet weights in cast and jacketed for most all current powders. I know that's a heck of a lot of loads, but most of 'em were developed years ago - probably not even covered by copyrights anymore.

What about "Load from a Disk"? Is it any good - or, more to the point, will it do what I'm asking? I was hoping for more info from the Lee manual, since I really like his disk powder measures, but he doesn't seem to be interested in covering a really broad spectrum of powders.

You'd think that at some point a spread sheet combining the loads from some 2 dozen sources would have been developed. Doesn't seem like much of a trick to make it transpose grains to cc's using the Lee tables.

My books are mostly Speer, Nosler, Hornady, Matunas, etc. Maybe I need new books? I see that the powder manufacturers list a lot of loads on the web, but it looks like a bunch of work to bring it all together. Anybody already done it?

wiljen
05-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Not to toot my own horn but you might try - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=140610&postcount=5

Wiljen

jim4065
05-18-2007, 06:48 PM
This is great. Exactly what I was looking for - and I can add my own loads. The only thing it lacks is a cc to grains conversion, but that's trivial compared to all the work you've put into this. So - how do I send a few bucks to Sundog? :drinks:

wiljen
05-19-2007, 11:48 AM
I believe the address is:

Gun Loads
Cast Boolits Division
P.O. BOX 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206