PDA

View Full Version : sav 111 7mm to 223 ?

nekshot
08-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Does anyone have actual proof I can replace my savage 111 lh 7mm mag bolt head with a lh 223 bolt head? I know I can put a o6 bolt head on but I want to go 223 bolt head. I definetly have creative ideas but lack the common sense of expierence many times.And yes I would change out the mag box as well.

Moonie
08-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Yes you can, I've researched this quite a bit, the problem is with the magazine

Artful
08-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Might be easier to just sell it and buy the new kid on the block

http://www.youtube.com/embed/6DOnc_uSqGw?feature=player_embedded

Thompson Center Dimension changeable rifle ..
The LOC™ System has 7 parts – a universal stock and receiver that accept multiple barrels, magazine groups (magazine and housing), bolts and bridge scope mounts. Dimension hand tools work with all Dimension rifles. Interchangeable parts are stamped with letters: A, B, C or D. Match the letter on the barrel with the one on the bolt and magazine group and you have a perfect set-up for any Dimension caliber*. Visit your local retailer and get a pre-assembled Dimension or create your own.

UNIVERSAL LOC PARTS
All LOC stocks, receivers, optional bridge scope mounts and hand tools are universal and fit with all Dimension rifle components.

SERIES-SPECIFIC LOC PARTS

LOC 3-lug, fluted bolts are stamped as Series A, B, C or D for easy identification. They fit multiple calibers within a Series. For example, a bolt stamped A fits both .204 Ruger and .223 Remington calibers. They're available in right- and left-hand. Detachable, 3-round LOC magazine groups (magazine and housing) are included with a complete rifle or a barrel purchase. Individual magazines are sold separately. They’re stamped A, B, C or D, matching all calibers in their Series. *
A).204 Ruger, .223 Rem. B) 22-250 Rem*, .243 Win, 7mm-08 Rem, .308 Win. C)270 Win, .30-06 Sprg D)7mm Rem Mag, .300 Win Mag

CALIBER-SPECIFIC LOC PARTS

LOC barrels are caliber specific. They’re marked as Series A, B, C or D to help you match the correct bolt and magazine group (magazine and housing). Precision Dimension barrels are 22" or 24" long, free floating in the LOC stock, have 5R rifling and a target-style crown. Barrels fit right- and left-hand receivers.

http://dimensionrifle.tcarms.com/wp-content/uploads/rifle-dis-assembled.png

If I had seen this 20 years ago I wouldn't have had to beat my head against wall trying to make my own swap/custom barreled rifles.[smilie=b: