PDA

View Full Version : Reloads With Reloader 17

smokeywolf
08-30-2012, 07:31 PM
I haven't used Reloader 17 yet. Don't shoot a lot of j-word bullets, which typically require a slower powder. Need to put some 348 Winchester loads together with some Barnes 220 grain j-words that I was given. Reloader 17 is new enough that I don't see it in the burn rate charts. Alliant says the burn rate is similar to that of IMR 4350. They don't mention bulk or case fill.
Has anyone had any personal experience with RL-17?

smokeywolf

smokeywolf
09-14-2012, 03:15 AM
Well, I went ahead and purchased a couple of pounds of powder. Left Reloader 17 off the list, as my preferred retailer was out of 1 lb. containers. I like to stick to the old tried and true stuff like 4198, 3031, 4895, 4350.
Like buying retirement land in Texas, I don't like to commit until I'm satisfied that I know all I can possibly and practically know about what I'm getting myself in for.

Is it my imagination or are primers and black powder becoming a little less available (especially CCI & Winchester primers and Swiss black)? I saw an awful lot of "Out of Stock" notices on these items.

nanuk
09-16-2012, 12:37 PM
around my area, Thee Holy Black is made with Unobtainium

I'll Make Mine
09-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Is it my imagination or are primers and black powder becoming a little less available (especially CCI & Winchester primers and Swiss black)? I saw an awful lot of "Out of Stock" notices on these items.

That could be related to living in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, I suppose. :violin: