PDA

View Full Version : T-shirt

btroj
08-30-2012, 06:20 PM
My daughter met start at the Univ of Iowa. I got a text from her today saying she had seen a kid wearing a very unique shirt.

Had a large American flagon the front and it said "Back to back winners in world war".

Nice to see some kids on campus have a patriotic bent to them. She thpught it was appropriate enough to let me know aout it.

Bad Water Bill
08-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Did she offer to buy the VET a cup of coffee?

I would gladly send her the money.

runfiverun
08-30-2012, 07:22 PM
on a campus i'd be inclined to read the fine print...

btroj
08-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Did she offer to buy the VET a cup of coffee?

I would gladly send her the money.

Was a young student, she said way to young looking to be a vet.

As for being good to vets, she is doing just that by being successful in school. That's the best she can do to honor her 2 grandfathers who served.

And Run, I would agree in most cases. She said this had the looks of a great short, no fine print. There are some conservatives on campuses, they just get drowned out by the chorus of morons that is the Dems. She was asked to register to vote by Obama supporters, she said nope, I vote at home. They said she could register at both! Sadly, Cicago is only 6 ours or so from campus.

Bad Water Bill
08-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Just because my GRANDFATHER (1879-1972) is still voting only says what a conscientious voter he is. Nothing wrong with being a GOOD democrat is there?:kidding:

runfiverun
08-30-2012, 09:48 PM
wooaowww. bill.

it's a location thing. here it would be braggin.
most campuses it would be complainin....

Bob Krack
08-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Just because my GRANDFATHER (1879-1972) is still voting only says what a conscientious voter he is. Nothing wrong with being a GOOD democrat is there?:kidding:

Bill,

The bad thing is --- most Democrats make the rest of them look like idiots and demons. Sincerely!

Bob

punkinlobber
08-30-2012, 11:04 PM
This democrat thinks the more you drink the smarter you sound.

ErikO
08-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Bill,

The bad thing is --- most Democrats make the rest of them look like idiots and demons. Sincerely!

Bob

...and some of us 'get it' and are working to fix things. ;)

Illinois has three parties: Democrat, Republican and Chicagoan. The last one is the strongest, meanest bully in the state.

Back on topic: assuming that someone isn't a vet since they look young might not fit. Some of those kids that are back from the middle east still look like babies to me.

Wayne Smith
08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
...and some of us 'get it' and are working to fix things. ;)

Illinois has three parties: Democrat, Republican and Chicagoan. The last one is the strongest, meanest bully in the state.

Back on topic: assuming that someone isn't a vet since they look young might not fit. Some of those kids that are back from the middle east still look like babies to me.

Yes, Eric, to you and me. Probably not to his daughter!

ErikO
08-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Yes, Eric, to you and me. Probably not to his daughter!

Very true. I keep my locks short so the grey looks blonde again. lol

Echo
08-31-2012, 10:38 PM
We ARE blond, Erik! Ash Blonde is a shade...

Bad Water Bill
09-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Well you youngins can call it ash blond (dirty) but I have to say I have EARNED every PLATINUM blond hair left on my head.

And yes it is all natural.:)

popper
09-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Nephew gives them to me for Christmas. One says 'gun owner, gun victim, vote your choice'. Sometimes I am reluctant to wear that one out in some public paces. But, I do anyway.

Jeffrey
09-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I have one of these: There's a place for all God's creatures, next to the mashed potatoes and gravy. http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/gods-creatures-tshirt-p-4580.html