PDA

View Full Version : Cz 82

Searcher1911
05-17-2007, 04:16 PM
I ordered a CZ 82 from Classic Arms in NC. It was $20 higher that other places (219.95 + S&H) but one of my buddies said he had ordered a couple rifles from Classic Arms and had been pleased with them and I read some other good comments about the company online. The pistol came today and was in new, unissued condition. It had a very light coat of preservative oil/grease on it like some other new pistols have. Both mags were new as was the leather holster, cleaning rod and lanyard. The leather holster had never been even closed with the flap buttoned. It is a heck of a deal for a C&R pistol.

Curly James
05-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Searcher,

I've been considering one of those myself. How about a range report when you get to shoot the gun and let us know how well she does. I have an affinity for the 9MM Makarov cartridge and am on my third Makarov handgun. Cousin talked me out of the first one and Wife stole the second one. CJ

kywoodwrkr
05-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Searcher1911,
Do you have any other 9mm Maks to compare the CZ against?
I have an EG and a PA63 and am thinking about driving to Centerfire to get a couple CZ 82s.
Not sure they are what i want though.
I do like my EG.
Use it as a carry weapon.
I feel its even gotten me out of a couple traffic tickets, as when I tell the stopping officer I have a CCW and have the weapon on my person, and they investigate it, are impressed with the heft and etc of it.
Then we chat about it and the stop continues with a warning.
It's happened a couple of time so who knows.
Be interested in your feedback of the CZ however.
Thanks.
DaveP kywoodwrkr

KCSO
05-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I have about a hundred rounds of cast through one and I like it. The gun never fails to function and as long as you cast hard bullets they shoot well (sub 3" groups) at 25 yards. The gun shot to poa for me out of the box and recoil with that fat grip and light ctg was not worth mentioning. If I needed a home defence or jut plain plinking gun I would give one a go. It is about 200% better than a Tokorav or a Mak IMHO.

Crash_Corrigan
05-26-2007, 02:32 AM
I have an ancient BRNO 98/22 Mauser made in the part of the world. I also recently aquired a CZ 452 Varmint Barrelled .22 LR and a CZ 527 FS .223 Bolt action. All three shoot better than my ability. I am trying to get a receiver sight for the 527 but I have not had much success yet. Williams people say they are gonna make one some day.........The two recent ones are just almost too nice to shoot. The wood/metal finishing is excellent and I can find not a thing wrong with the blue finish. The .223 is just begging to be carried around and the wood is really nice! It seems to me that the folks in that country have a long history of excellence in firearms and it is still alive and well today in their pistols also.