PDA

View Full Version : Emptying .22 brass...

NoZombies
08-28-2012, 10:16 PM
So, I haven't been doing a lot of swaging lately, but here's how I'm emptying my .22 brass so that when I get my shop set back up, I can do more swaging...

emptying a mag... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vPhftNZyg4&feature=context-cha)

For anyone who has a surplus of pre-emptied .22 brass, I'm offering this service. Just send me the ammo, and I'll empty the brass and ship the empty cases back to you. Saving you the hassle of having to empty the brass yourself.

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Utah Shooter
08-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Very nice.

RP
08-28-2012, 10:39 PM
I hate you but very cool lol

Lizard333
08-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Is that a ruger 10/22? What are you using to do that?? I might be interested in 22 brass cleaning the same way.....

DukeInFlorida
08-29-2012, 08:57 PM
He's shooting the AA2, springless stock. It was a precursor to the SlideFire stock (or vice versa)

The original AA1 was banned by the ATF because it had a spring, a moving part.

The new version is VERY expensive.

jixxerbill
08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
kinda like the thumb in the beltloop for the ar ??

Lizard333
08-29-2012, 11:17 PM
650$!!!!! Holy moly! That doesn't include the rifle!!!!!

NoZombies
08-31-2012, 12:10 AM
Hey guys, DukeinMaine gave the right info, it's a 10/22 in the AA2. It runs about 650-700 RPM for me.

I ended up getting an amazing deal on a couple of them, so I could justify the price.

As for the price of the stock. It IS very high. It isn't as high as the original, but it is still very high. It does come with a $300 trigger group, but that doesn't really make it cheap.

Here's what I can say about it; my wife loved it. So much that she wanted (and got) her own. Since she first shot the thing she has suggested we go shooting almost every week (she had gone shooting with me 2 times in the last year leading up) and recommended we buy a membership at the local gun club so we don't have to drive down to the national forest range. She has also since decided that instead of investing in stocks or mutual funds, we should invest in machine guns.

Also, everyone who shoots it has a big grin afterwards... :bigsmyl2:

I can't say everyone will get a lot out of one (especially at the full price) but it sure has been a good choice for me!

DukeInFlorida
08-31-2012, 07:12 AM
BIG, big difference between defending yourself with a 10-22 at 700 rpmand defending yourself with a 720 rpm ar-15.

I went with the SlideFire for my Ar15. In a group buy, we paid only $300, shipped, for the SlideFire.

Here's me, with mine:
http://youtu.be/B2_UuxsXDl4

These days, all my 720 rpm projectiles are my own swaged bullets from BT Sniper's tools!

NoZombies
08-31-2012, 11:02 AM
The price I paid for my AA2 was less than what you paid for your slidefire, thus me being able to justify 2 of them. And I totally agree Duke. For defense I've got guns much better suited to the job. For wasting ammo though, it's hard to beat a .22. Nice video BTW.

Any Cal.
09-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Duke, it looks like you are running lighter ammo? I haven't seen the slide-fire run quite that fast or flat before. Is it something you are doing or just a matter of holding your mouth right? One I shot would rise a couple degrees per shot, so after three you were just getting a glimpse of the sky. A magful would have put twenty-three holes in the roof over the firing line.

DukeInFlorida
09-01-2012, 09:08 PM
haha... light loads??? Nope!

I run my standard load of 25 grains of BLC(2) and 55 grain bullet. Same rounds I shoot in all of my ar-15's. That load shoots well for me in my guns, and is very accurate.

Now, I have run many thousands of rounds through my Slidefire gun. And, I am very tuned into the gun. It's truly an extension of my arms. And, I am rock steady running mags through it.

I recently did a machine gun shoot where the Range Safety Officers (RSO's) were on everyone's back about walking rounds up the berm. I had one RSO come over to me, and tell me that I was the ONLY SHOOTER that day that sent every round of full mag dumps ON TARGET each and every time I came to the line. Here's a video of me at that shoot. I'm the guy in the black shirt and the white hat, at the very beginning of the clip:
http://youtu.be/LLSjDHuZz68

And, here's another one of me, last winter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZewTuIbB5k

Practice, practice, practice!

PS: Half of the ammo I shot during the machine gun shoot was loaded with 55 grain bullets I swaged with BT Snipers .22LR tool set!!!

Any Cal.
09-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks! It makes sense that there would be a learning curve, it just means that it takes a lot more ammo to get ahead of it at 12/second...:-)

DukeInFlorida
09-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Yes! Lots of ammo. It's why I batch process it in 2500 to 3000 pc batches.
And, for the sake of ease of loading magazines, I load the ammo onto strip clips.
Three 10 round strip clips can be installed into 30 round mag in mere seconds, using a "Strip Lula"

I take breaks when the barrel of the Slidefire gun gets too sizzling hot.

NoZombies
09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
I admit that I've been thinking about getting one of the .45 carbines out there (like a Theuron for example) that can take the slide-fire or similar.

Duke, you've obviously gotten to be pretty good with the slide-fire in .223. Do you consider it to be as controllable and accurate as one of the SMG's in .223?

DukeInFlorida
09-11-2012, 08:31 PM
In a word: YES

One of the tricks to make the slidefire run faster is to rub some dry moly powder on the outside of the buffer tube.

NoZombies
09-11-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm trying to decide between one of the 9mm carbines and one of the .45 carbines that I can add a bump-fire stock to. I admit to preferring the .45, but I'll have a Reising in the safe whenever the paperwork get's approved, so I'm thinking maybe the 9mm would be the better way to go... Anyone have any thoughts?

For now, until I decide, I'll keep blasting with the .22's.

I did some more magazine testing over the weekend:

BC Steel lips youtube (http://youtu.be/GRqdoR2Nwas)

BX25 test-youtube (http://youtu.be/HTvYzxPtbLc)

I need to come up with a functional brass catcher so I don't have to chase the little .22 brass all over the place to retrieve it.

Lizard333
09-12-2012, 09:08 AM
The best brass catcher I have ever come up with is child units. With two, I only have to pay in candy, and give them a LOT of breaks but they are very good with their little fingers.