PDA

View Full Version : TP filler????

abunaitoo
08-28-2012, 08:16 PM
I tried the BobS load with great results.
It calls for a 1/4 sheet of TP filler.
Have a question.
How do the rest of you stick TP filler in a case????

I roll it up, bend it in half, and push the bent end in the shell.
It seemed to work, but I've never used that much TP in a shell before.

geargnasher
08-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't. If I have to use a low-density powder locator, I use Dacron and poke it in the case with a small pocket screwdriver so it fluffs up and fills the whole space between powder and boolit base.

Gear

Jim
08-28-2012, 08:29 PM
i don't. If i have to use a low-density powder locator, i use dacron and poke it in the case with a small pocket screwdriver so it fluffs up and fills the whole space between powder and boolit base.

Gear

Ditto.

Hamish
08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Gear said it, believe it.

Artful
08-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Lots of chambers have had the necks ringed by using fillers - I try to avoid that

geargnasher
08-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Lots of chambers have had the necks ringed by using fillers - I try to avoid that

Me too, with 100% success. That's because I researched and learned the causes of chamber ringing with the improper use of fillers and how to avoid it.

Gear

mdevlin53
08-29-2012, 06:45 AM
I have used TP in several loads. I cut the single sheets into 4 equal strips. Plase the strip over the case mouth with it centered. I use a dowel just under the size of the case mouth and gently push the paper in. then push each side down gently so that the TP fills the case. What you dont want to do is pack it down into a wad. It needs to stay loose.