PDA

View Full Version : gander mountain!!!!

Lloyd Smale
05-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Got stung there twice in that last couple months. First time I sent the old lady up there to buy some small pistol primmers. Told her to buy all they had. She came back with a few bricks of ccis and a bill for almost 40 bucks a brick!!! They charged her individual pack prices and the fricking things were even those ones on strips. I cant find small pistol primmers anywhere so i figure what the hell id use them. Then yesterday after the doctor visit we stopped there and i was to hurting to walk in and told her to go and buy me a couple bricks of 22 shells. Never paid attention to it till we got home and I asked her what i owned her and she said they were 25 DOLLARS A BRICK!! I about (censored word)! They told her they didnt have any bulk packed 22s and charged her individual pack prices for 20 packs of 22 shells. I chewed her out till she was about in tears then had to appologize when i realized she has no clue what 22s cost. Im about ready to go back up there with a 5 gallon can of gas and burn that place to the ground!! I will never step foot in that ******* joint ever again!!

Maven
05-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Lloyd, GM is outrageously expensive for gun stuff, better for fishing gear. Our local GM gives a small discount for gun-related purchases in multiples of 10, e.g., a brick of .22's, 1k primers. Isn't that company policy?

mparks
05-17-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't usually have any problem with the prices at the Flint Gander Mtn... They never have any thing I need in stock!

TaylorTN
05-17-2007, 09:52 AM
I always make my list before we go to Paducah for the wife to shop. I usually end up at 30-40% completion...........

The bad part is that If I'm REALLY wanting/needing something, they don't have it.....

GM is pretty good though for Christmas shopping for friends/family/kids, at least better than Bass Pro.

Dutch4122
05-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't usually have any problem with the prices at the Flint Gander Mtn... They never have any thing I need in stock!

Same here brother. I think the only really useful item I've found there on Linden Road in the last few years has been a RCBS shellholder for the .348 Winchester. Received a few $25.00 gift cards for GM over the years and pretty much just spend them on a pound of powder I need, if something I need is in stock. :)~

MT Gianni
05-17-2007, 07:30 PM
I liked their catalog outfit before Cabela's bought it out. I was in Houston last year and they were closing out of a fancy fireplace rim that I knew my wife wanted. i asked them if they shipped and it took a bit to get an answer. When they said yes and I bought an item for 33% retail and asked how much shipping charges would be I was told "Oh shoot honey, you don't worry about thaat and we won't either". That remains the only time I ever entered into one. Gianni.

tomf52
05-17-2007, 10:38 PM
GM in Scranton PA - poor inventory and no real deals price wise. Like the little local shops better. Last Smith purchased in local shop was about 9% cheaper than GM.

axxman928
05-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Didn't know Cabela's bought out GM. They used to have a ton of reloading
supplies. Now it seems they are getting smaller in their of supplies. Refuse to pay
their prices for supplies, espically on powder. Do my shopping at the local gun
shows now. axxman928

C A Plater
05-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Cabelas only bought out the what was the catalog business from GM. They retained the retail operations and shortly there after went bankrupt. The remains were acquired by Holiday Company and along with the existing retail stores, Holiday Sports and Burger Brothers became what is now Gander Mountain. I used to live six miles from the old HQ in Wilmot, WI and had friends that worked there during the meltdown. Some claim Cabelas did them in but it was their own management that did it.

Sundogg1911
05-18-2007, 01:49 PM
I stop in gander mountan about twice a year. usually once for deer processing supplys (If I didn't order the stuff online first) and once to stock up on wood chips for the smoker for the year. They ain't cheap, but they do have a pretty nice selection. all of my shooting and reloading stuff I usually get at a small gunshop about halfway between home and camp. He has decent prices and treats me right so i've never had a reason to go elsewhere.

redneckdan
05-18-2007, 03:03 PM
you still need primers? I can get them up here for 22.00 a thousand. I'll be headin yer way in a month or so.

Lloyd Smale
05-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Dan can you get fed small pistol? Can you get a discount on a case of them?

redneckdan
05-19-2007, 01:56 PM
last I saw they had CCIs, I'll check for Feds on monday.

Lloyd Smale
05-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I can still get ccis local Dan but federals are the ones i need and about non existant anywhere.
last I saw they had CCIs, I'll check for Feds on monday.

rmb721
05-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Lloyd

A dealer told me that he was told by a distributor that if he ordered Federal primers now, it would be next year till he gets them. He said that they sent a bunch overseas. Same thing with some of their 22 shells. (714 target) The distributor showed 714's in their catalog in April and not in May.

So, if you find some, you better buy.

redneckdan
05-19-2007, 08:17 PM
I'll check. Not much demand up in these parts. Down shoot is that its a pain in the ass to get stuff cause the dealer knows that if ya back out, hes stuck with it. Up shoot is that stuff stays on the shelves for months.

Lloyd Smale
05-19-2007, 08:52 PM
thanks dan let me know if you come up with some

TAWILDCATT
05-24-2007, 02:11 PM
just checked [midsouthshooters.com]--fed =$22 per1000--
magtech=$19.85
rem=$22.85
cci==$21.72
or you can try [graf.com]

1Papalote
05-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Fellas, I got on the Gander Mountain website and let them know that Iwas not happy with powder being $5/LB higher than any other retailer. I also explained their prices were pitiful on everything else in the store. I stopped in a few months later and the powder has been reduced $19/LB. We should all take a shot at them on their website. Tehy ask for feedback so we should give it to them. I also told them to visit the gun/reloading forums to read about our discontent with them. Ammo prices are waaaay toooo high there. They will tell you that they will price match. I tell them to be the price leader and that they are dinging everyone who doesn't know what a box of bullets really costs. I seldom go there and buy even less. Give a shout on their website. They won't change unless we ask them to.

1Papalote

Lloyd Smale
05-24-2007, 04:51 PM
the web sight worked for me! I bitched about the two bad experinces i had and they called back from the local store within hours. The salesman said that there was nothing he could do as its against the law for him to take ammo in return because it could be tampered with and cause injury to the next customer but he ended up giving me a free brick of federal match small pistol primers. So they do listen to there customers on there web sight. Maybe if enough people complained they would adjust there prices.