PDA

View Full Version : Now that was interesting

Jack Stanley
08-28-2012, 09:49 AM
I had my Uniflo powder measure set for twelve and a half grains of Unique . I was going to switch the measure over to sixteen grains of Blue Dot . Before I started fooling with anything I settled the powder in the measure and weighed a charge . Guess what ? , it was fifteen point eight grains , didn't need much adjusting at all .

I know they operate on volume , It's just that is the first time I've had the charge I wanted to use so close to what I already had set .

Jack

runfiverun
08-28-2012, 12:15 PM
my powder dump setting for my 223 jaxketed [24.5 aa-2230] rounds and my h/v [23.5grs imr 4895] cast loads is the same.
i also tried it out with aa-1680 for my 375 win and it works for that load [35.5 grs] too.
i like to see what does what before i set another powder measure,sometimes it leads to a good load in something and all i have to do is write it down on the powder dump.

PS Paul
08-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Well, serendipity, as they say!! This scenario has happened to me a couple of times, but I always just thank heavens for the times it does happen!! Maybe go buy a lotto ticket 'cuz it's your lucky day!?!? Good times!