PDA

View Full Version : Bought some WWs, and found a new caster...

jdgabbard
08-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Well saw an add online selling wheel weights the other day. Talked to the guy and found out he was a caster. Met with him today and bought a bucket for $60, almost entirely clip ons... Price wasn't bad, about .50 a pound. I figure I'll get about 80 pounds yield after its all said and done. So about .75 a pound net.

Talked to the guy, and would you believe it he'd never heard of this place?!?! So I gave him the address and my user name and told him he should give it a try. Not a lot of Oklahoma guys on here, so I always like to point them here when I find them. Always good to shoot the breeze with a fellow Oklahoma caster, that's for sure!

I will admit tho, I felt bad. On the way out of his home, the handle broke on my bucket, spilling dirty wheel weights all over his floor. He told me not I worry about it, but I really felt bad...

trying2learn
08-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Yea I am new here myself and starting to take the plunge to casting my own. I often sit here reading this and a second forum wondering who else is from Oklahoma or even the okc area. Nice to see I am not the only Oklahoman here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Gohon
08-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Look around and I think you'll find a lot of us Okies lurking around. There is another site around that has forum titled "Hunting by State" and when you open it up there is 50 sub forums, one for each state. Be nice if that was tried here.

trying2learn
08-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Yes that would be rather nice.

jdgabbard
08-28-2012, 05:09 AM
Guys, don't forget that there is also a "Oklahoma Casters" group here on the forum. Might add yourselfs to it....

John Boy
08-28-2012, 07:07 AM
... forum titled "Hunting by State" and when you open it up there is 50 sub forums, one for each state. Be nice if that was tried here.

Do an Advanced Search of the Members List using only the Location field ... there are 102 forum members from Oklahoma. There are probably more - those who used some goofy location ... like in the "Middle of the Panhandle"

Yep, there are 18 "Panhandle" folks too! Some from Texas though

Sasquatch-1
08-28-2012, 07:50 AM
There are probably a lot more then you think. Problem is you have a lot of folks who don't want to put any information at all about where they are from in their personal information that is shown with each post. If people would put in something like "Chesapeake Bay area" or "Florida Panhandle" you could at least get a feel for where they are from.

I am always looking for new people to shoot with and can't tell where a lot are from. I recently hooked up with 44Man who lives within a very reasonable distance of me. But if I hadn't put out a feeler for people in the area I would have never known this.

Calamity Jake
08-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Yea I am new here myself and starting to take the plunge to casting my own. I often sit here reading this and a second forum wondering who else is from Oklahoma or even the okc area. Nice to see I am not the only Oklahoman here.

I'm in OKC we need to get together.

trying2learn
08-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Yea that sounds like fun. Just have to find the time in my rather hectic schedule. Thanks to economy going the way it is. I have been picking up extra shifts to help the bill collectors stay away. That's why I started looking into casting my own. I can get by with the pan and fryer setup for a while and still be able to shoot.

geargnasher
08-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I just recently found out a regular poster here lives within walking distance of me, but he didn't put any location info in his profile. We had lunch a couple months ago. Ya just never know!

Gear

jdgabbard
09-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Yeah, it would be nice to find a few more guys around the Tulsa area. Closest one I found so far is that guy. Before him another member here who lives about 40 minutes away, and not in the direction of my shooting range. Would be nice to find a few more tho!

Echo
09-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I feel like I'm a shirt-tail Okie - the last 6 years of my military career were spent @ Tinker AFB & it's environs. Belonged to the OKC Gun Club, shot there, and @ Skiatook (Zink Ranch). Many very fond memories...