PDA

View Full Version : Whitworth's big bore revolver book.

44man
08-27-2012, 02:09 PM
He sent me a copy and I am about half way through it. Research and history is right on and this might be the best revolver book ever for the hunter.
Pick one up, you will not be disappointed.

crabo
08-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Got anymore info for us?

subsonic
08-27-2012, 05:03 PM
I got one too. Pretty good book. Nice pictures. Old 44man is in it as well as JWP, Whitworth, and a few others you might recognize.

The title is "Big Bore Revolvers" by Max Prasac, aka Whitworth, etc.

44man
08-28-2012, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=cottonstalk;1826951]44 man, I normally wouldn't but in this case it needs be, Now what was the crying pity party all about a few weeks ago? Nothing. I think you should call and apologize for being an a%^ an trying to unsuccessfully throw your "friend" under the bus. With friends who act like you have recently ,who needs 'em.[/QUOTE)
I feel no need to apologize to Whitworth as it was not him, he deals more in fact. I never mentioned his name at all. Others behind the scenes are what I referred to. No names mentioned.
One will flip everything I say and also everything he has said in the past. Another will attack even when I agree. The man is smart but he booted me after I said he has things in hand.
Whitworth has never removed me from a site. You might infer things but I refuse to mention names here.
Friends can have differences all the time. Whit and I do have those but nothing to get mean over. There is a difference between those that think they know it all and can't take facts and us that learn every day.
Notice there is no king of the hill here with tail draggers.
Just think of Gear, Felix, Larry and many, many more. I am humbled by them, don't come with an agenda.
I do not know it all and don't ever attribute that to me. Only those that think they do are suspect.
Same as Lee Martin, owner of the Single Action site. He and his father are super gunsmiths. Lee is a friend but I was booted from the site, not by Lee himself.
I was booted from Greybeard with a couple of posts in two years but not by Veral Smith.
I was told it is high up so who is doing it. I am sure it is not Whtworth, never even a thought on my part. He has more ethics.
It is between those that help and those that want to be superior.
Could it be money and donations that some of us can not afford? Are there Democrats among us?

Idaho Sharpshooter
08-28-2012, 03:05 PM
44man,

probably not "money and donations that some of us cannot(sic) afford?"
more likely someone who got crossways with your attitude.
Pay for the site, choose how much or little criticism you tolerate, and from who.
I haven't yet had the pleasure of being "booted" from a forum, so can't say for sure.
regards,

Rich
Sua Sponte

44man
08-28-2012, 04:32 PM
44man,

probably not "money and donations that some of us cannot(sic) afford?"
more likely someone who got crossways with your attitude.
Pay for the site, choose how much or little criticism you tolerate, and from who.
I haven't yet had the pleasure of being "booted" from a forum, so can't say for sure.
regards,

Rich
Sua Sponte
True, I have an attitude but only with facts. I DO contact primer makers, custom loaders and powder makers. Some cuss at internet idiots. Everything else is suggestions to test. I have gone far out of my way to explain stuff to make it easier. It has taken just a few group pictures to get me banned because it can't be true.
Now how do I get banned from a site when I have not posted in about a year? I have had warnings when I said the .45ACP is better then a nine. Yet many others say the same thing. Some cuss and swear at others but stay. I will never do that.
I really do have a tag on me.

subsonic
08-28-2012, 04:38 PM
He sent me a copy and I am about half way through it. Research and history is right on and this might be the best revolver book ever for the hunter.
Pick one up, you will not be disappointed.

Why are you guys taking this post ^^, which was a positive post, and turning it into a negative post?[smilie=b::groner:

You all must like stirring the pot to see it bubble.

5shotbfr
08-28-2012, 07:50 PM
if you guys look the book up on amazon you can preview it , but the preview is likly to make you want to buy it

bigboredad
08-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Why are you guys taking this post ^^, which was a positive post, and turning it into a negative post?[smilie=b::groner:

You all must like stirring the pot to see it bubble.

because cottonstalk is right he owes whit an apology if he can't man up and apologize for what he has done to whit then then as cottonsyalk said who needs him. Obviously he does not know what a friend is

btroj
08-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Airing dirty laundry in public is never pretty.

Don't know what happened, doesn't really matter. Keep it off the open forum, it needs to remain private.

Trey45
08-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Cotton and 44man, I'll be as succinct as I can here.

Take it to PM, keep it OFF the forum! We've ALL had enough! This is the final, last and end of all warnings! NOT ONE SINGLE MORE POST in public like this, take it to PM!

The infractions WILL commence after this post if there's another public wizzing match between you two!

waksupi
08-29-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm guessing that Cornstalk is going to be leaving the forum shortly. We are doing some house cleaning.

44man
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
I have no beef with Whitworth at all, never did. Small personal things with no meaning.
I will give an example of one who I refer too.
I would post and be raked over the coals. Then I got a warning and apologized but over WHAT. I stayed away and clearly remember my last post about grips. I said my standard thing that you should try grips before buying because our hands are different.
I did not post for a long time, then I got a PM saying "I have had enough of you." SAY WHAT?" I have not posted!
This man disputed every single thing I posted. I still can read posts and see his answers are exactly what I had said---things he did not like me saying.
Then I drop into another site to see my deer damage picture but with wrong information. I don't care if you use my pictures but don't change the facts that it was shot with a .475. Do NOT tell everyone it was a .45 because the .45 can not do that amount of damage.
It is not pity, it is ethics. Don't twist what I say or lie about it.
Like greybeard, no posts for years, no pictures at all, then I am banned???
I have enemies because I intrude on their superiority with facts. Truth should prevail.
I said Whitworth's book is great, can it not end there?

subsonic
08-29-2012, 11:03 AM
I am guessing the same guy that has stolen my scan of the .500JRH load data from Jack Huntington and posted it as his own? And has started stalking my posts as well?

oneokie
08-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Enough. Take it elsewhere.