PDA

View Full Version : Lyman customer service

Rick R
08-26-2012, 11:15 PM
I bought a 429421 mold last year and no matter what alloy, temperature or which foot I stood on it wouldn't cast a boolit larger than .428". Last month I sent it and six sample boolits back to Lyman with a note requesting that they try a "do over".

It came back yesterday with an invoice stating that they had re-cut it and two samples that measure .431ish at the base and .4295" on the driving bands. I cast up a couple dozen this morning, sized .431", lubed with BAC, loaded over 2400 and off to the range we went. End result was several 3" groups at 50 yards where the original boolits were lucky to go into 4" at 25 yards AND I am now a now happy customer. :D

wantoutofca
08-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Good to hear!

My experience was the opposite, but that was a few years ago. perhaps I'll give them another chance.

Jeff H
09-03-2012, 11:11 AM
I have the same mould with the same problem. I mic' .427-.428" on one cavity and .428-.429" on the other. This has happened with the last three Lyman moulds I have bought.

E-mailed Lyman and got a response that they would forward my comments to engineering and QC.

No further word back in three or four weeks now.

Larry Gibson
09-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Jeff H

Send it back with samples as Rick did. It is the "job at hand" that gets attention with all manufacturers.

Larry Gibson

crowbeaner
09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
I sent my old Mag 20 back for a new cauldron and they replaced it and the dial switch. Tested and sent a new actuating handle and stopper for $65 shipped. Nice folks!

no34570
09-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I have had a positive experience with Lyman customer service,wanted to order through Lyman some M die plugs,which my gun-dealer would not even try to get for me(here in Australia)said it was not worth the hassle,hence,not my gun-dealer anymore.
Emailed Lyman and got a nice bloke,named Joesph,who said he will try to help me out and when could not, he passed it on to the next customer service representative,it was magic,Janice helped me order them and then when my CC details were not going in electronically,she put them in manually and no worries,this happened over a few days and was very frustrating,probably more for Janice and not once did Janice say it is better off to forget about it,it was only a measly $65,but she still did it for me,Lyman are no1 in my books,just my 2 cents worth ;)

Jeff H
09-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Jeff H

Send it back with samples as Rick did. It is the "job at hand" that gets attention with all manufacturers.

Larry Gibson

That's the plan now that I know they will actually try to fix it. What does one do to get their attention?

.22-10-45
09-07-2012, 02:52 AM
Well, here is my experience with Lyman...back in March, I ordered a .25 ACP Lyman M die from Graff & Sons..this was for loading a .255 W.J. Jefffery Rook rifle. Back ordered until mid April..when I recieved it, the expander plug miked .265" (.25 ACP is .249" dia.)..this was for a rifle, as plug was longer than .25 ACP case. Called Lyman..they said replacment would be sent...less than week later I recieved it..this time right length..but .254 dia.! I have called Lyman..seems they have problem with their tooling...said they would send out ???