PDA

View Full Version : Eagan catalog in PDF

madsenshooter
08-26-2012, 12:08 PM
A couple fellows I know put up a copy of Don Eagan's catalog in PDF format here: http://www.castbulletassoc.org/forum/view_topic.php?id=8633&forum_id=40

I have the cherries for the MX3-30G and MX3-30US. I plan on getting a centering vise and using NOE mold blanks to make a few molds.

deltaenterprizes
08-26-2012, 03:31 PM
I have 3 Egan cherries, one 30 cal & two 22 cal.
I did one 30 cal but have not tried the 22s yet.
I got an Edison centering vise from a guy in Pennsylvania ,
it weighs a ton, I am sure it is an import, made replacement jaws to hold the blocks from pics sent of BaBore's vise.
The vise ran about the same as one from Grizzly but is tight and heave duty.

madsenshooter
08-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Yes, I remember. You even made the blocks yourself. I figure I'd have a hard time getting the vent lines the way NOE has them, not to mention getting everything perfectly square to begin with. With the NOE blocks, everything is already there. I been wanting that centering vise for 4 years now! Someday....but in the meantime, seems everyone and his brother is making what are practically copies of the Eagan designs, although base pour. There's a couple group buys running now, one is nearly copy of the MX3-30-AR, another a clone of the MX3-30-V, though I don't think the bands are truly tapered as Eagan's were. Then there's Accurate's copy of the MX4-30-ARD. By the time I get around to making mine, the market will be saturated!

deltaenterprizes
08-27-2012, 10:54 AM
The bands on my cherry are tapered, I will have to look for the number stamped on the end.
I took a tap and ground away 3 of the cutting parts and ground relief on the back to make a cutter to make the vent lines.
I also found some thread inserts and made a holder to do the same thing.