PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi/Mt.Dew 24 oz. cans

RU shooter
08-24-2012, 08:25 PM
My wife bought some of these 24 oz cans of Mt Dew a few weeks ago so I told the kids save them for me I maybe able to use them. I gave one a light squeeze and it felt thicker than your average can.I broke out the shears and cut the top and bottom off one then flattened it out so I could get a measurement .Well what do ya know! .007 thick ;-) doubled over .014" just perfect for my 30 cal chex maker. Out of one of these tall cans I get 126 chexs I think they were .89 cents a piece .So the kids get a good Mt.Dew rush and I get another next to free source of chexs.

Tim

goofyoldfart
08-26-2012, 12:18 AM
I have done the same thing also with not only the soda cans but with the various beer cans. same situation. the plus part is in my apartment complex there is many, many beer drinkers. I just join in (as a non-drinking recovering alky of 21/2 months shy of 32 yrs)with my coffee and shears and do the same. the leftovers I offer to anyone that wants to reclaim the aluminum. on a Friday and Saturday night I can get about 200 cans of various thickness's on each night. the boys and girls sure like their beer! I like that the cans are free!!! aaaannnnndddd they like to give them to me. :) God Bless to all and theirs.

GOF (goofyoldfart)

WILCO
08-26-2012, 01:16 AM
So the kids get a good Mt.Dew rush and I get another next to free source of chexs.

Tim

Next step is to have the kids make them while they're on that Mt Dew rush. ;-)

RU shooter
08-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Next step is to have the kids make them while they're on that Mt Dew rush. ;-) Naaa thats the fun part for me.:grin: Now if I could get them to cut the tops and bottoms off for me ! Then I would get the full wrath of their mother if they got sliced on the finger....Again not a good idea ,I think I'll just let them empty the cans for me.