PDA

View Full Version : New to me 1886 Browning SRC's

GARCIA
08-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Got my UPS tracking notification that they had been delivered to my FFL holder today. Drove straight on down there to pick them up. Weapons had not even been logged into his system by the time I got there. Did the requisite paperwork and got them home.

Really happy about getting them both. 1 of them appears to have been fired very,very little if at all. No residue of any solvents of any kind in the action. Had dust in the barrel and that was it. Very minor 1" faint scratch on the stock is all.

The other one was used but again very little. Some markings on the stock but nothing on any of the metal. Could be anal and refinish the stock in oil but I think I will keep it as it is.

The blue on both weapons is great and sure puts the reproduction 1886 Winchesters to shame. That and there is no confounded stinking sliding safety on the tang!!!! Half cock like the original.

Here are some pictures, not the best but pictures just the same.

Tom

Sgt Red Leg
08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
TWO of them.....thats a hand full! I attempted to ask you a question on a previous post "ANY 1886 SRC BROWNING OWNERS' and addressed my question to "Bill". Bill did not answer.....he didn't know what I was asking! My second B/M 1886 should be at my gun enabler now. I need to restock it to a shot gun type butt stock for my Daughter. Any info greatly appreciated. Let us know how these two new ones work out ! ! !

MtGun44
08-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Hey, I think there is a one-per limit on those things! :bigsmyl2:

Bill

GARCIA
08-24-2012, 06:10 AM
It would of been a one-per limit on those rascals if the price was not right!!!!!
Even my loving wife stated I got one heck of a deal on both of them.
Showed her some of the auction gun sites plus guns america and she saw what they went for.
Her comment was "You got 2 for the price of 1, does he have any others for sale?"
My god I love that woman!!!!!

Seems as if the one that is marked up the most has a really short throat on it. Going to have to fix that!!

Tom

MtGun44
08-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Originals apparently had literally NO throat. The Rem 405 Jbullet is a two diameter bullet,
and the only one that will work in my 1886 ultralight.

Bill