PDA

View Full Version : Lead prostitute!

Freightman
08-22-2012, 10:11 AM
It rained hard Monday night took out a lot of trees right at 2" in 20 minutes. Went to the range to shoot but when I got there there were cast boolits lying on top of the ground everywhere so I got my trusty 3# coffee can (plastic) and started filling it, well I got three cans full. Didn't shoot as that wore me out bending over, but I couldn't pass on the lead. Does that make me a Lead Prostitute?

DHurtig
08-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Nope, just makes you frugal and makes me jealous for both the rain and the lead. Dale

clintsfolly
08-22-2012, 11:07 AM
I preferred the title of Lead **** as with a **** no money is traded!!!!!Clint

historicfirearms
08-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Last night I took my kids for a walk out back on our property. I have a shooting range set up with a steel plate we shoot at with our handguns at 100 yards. Well, we had to go by the steel plate on our walk. If I see even the tiniest bit of lead laying on the ground I HAVE TO pick it up. Once I started picking up pieces of lead, I kept finding more and more. I spent the better part of a half hour scrounging around to find just a hand full of lead. It was like I was finding bits of gold, I just couldn't stop.

bowfin
08-22-2012, 12:19 PM
historicfirearms, I have a stump for you to visit some day...

...bring something to pry with, and pack a lunch, you will be there until sundown.

Freightman
08-22-2012, 12:36 PM
historicfirearms, I have a stump for you to visit some day...

...bring something to pry with, and pack a lunch, you will be there until sundown.
Set it on fire. the lead will puddle.