PDA

View Full Version : New used lever followed me home

crazy mark
05-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Picked up this 1894 in 357 Mag from a friend this week-end. A few may know my Step-son stole my Rossi 92 Puma to trade for drugs. This is what I got for replacement. The step=son is on the run and hiding out around Hobbs NM. He did jail time but bailed on his probation. They are now looking for him again as a person of interest in other gun thefts.

jh45gun
05-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Sorry to hear your gun got stole and it was your stepson that did it. That has to suck. Looks like ya got a nice replacement. Congrats on that.

dragonrider
05-14-2007, 07:02 PM
I like it.

joatmon
05-14-2007, 10:28 PM
NICE! How long is the barrel? I have a 1894CP with 16' ported barrel that I really enjoy. But never have saw the need for porting on a 357 rifle.

lovedogs
05-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Sorry to hear of the boys problems, Mark. That's a tough deal. Seems like this sort of problem can visit any of us nowadays. If you can get to this boy I hope you can rein him in before someone else does. I had a younger brother who was just like your boy. He stole my drivers license and tried to buy a gun with money he stole from me. Fortunately, the people at the hardware store knew me and called me at work. I tried to catch up with him but he got out of town too quickly. Shortly after that he tried to rob the wrong old man and his wife. Seems like the old man had a sense of justice about like most of us and shot him through the heart, killing him instantly. Couldn't blame the old guy. He shot in self-defense. My dad and I told him not to take it hard, he did what he had to do. We'd have done the same thing. I really hope someone can reach your boy before it comes to that. It's something you never get over if it happens. What a waste of life. Hope you enjoy the new rifle in spite of the bad memories connected with it.

crazy mark
05-14-2007, 11:42 PM
NICE! How long is the barrel? I have a 1894CP with 16' ported barrel that I really enjoy. But never have saw the need for porting on a 357 rifle.

18.5" and pre-cross bolt safety. I hope it shoots good.

Lovedogs, I'm afraid it is too late for him. He just turned 35 saturday and has a wife who puts up with his stuff. He beat her badly and she wouldn't press charges. The Local DA was going to nail him before he disappeared for this. The wife is afraid he will die from a drug overdose or steal from the wrong person. He wasn't brought up this way. Also I bought this from the widow of a very good friend of mine. so it will have some good and bad memories and I think the good memories will win out. Mark

lovedogs
05-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Too bad, Mark. Unfortunately, most who go that direction get to lie in the bed they make for themselves. Hope you have fun with that special gun. I also had one of those experiences when I bought a custom wildcat Contender bbl. from one of my best friends widow when he died. It does make them special. I also have an old 788 a friend gave me because he "didn't want the family to fight over it when he died." It was his favorite coyote rifle. I've used it to take a pile of them, also. Another special rifle. Now, as I age, I wonder if my guns will be special to my sons after I die. Life's interesting, ain't it?