PDA

View Full Version : 5 Kiwi soldiers lost in two weeks.

JeffinNZ
08-20-2012, 02:06 AM
Team.

Two weeks ago NZ lost two of our Afghanistan based soldiers in a fire fight. Today we heard of another three, one of whom female, lost to an IED.

Sad days for us too.

NVcurmudgeon
08-20-2012, 03:19 AM
We mourn with you Jeff, after all we have gone to each other's wars since the "Great War." (What a stupid thing to call that meat grinder.) IMO the US is committed to Afghanistan to make our own "Il Duce" look macho. Sadly, those who agree wth me are not likely to get much big media ink at the present time.

trooperdan
08-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Jeff, you and your country have my condolences and appreciation! You guys have stood by us repeatedly and don't get enough credit for it. Prayers for those brave soldiers famiies

Larry Gibson
08-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Served with Kiwi's in Viet Nam when they were attached to the 173rd. I hear "Taps" every night here at McChord Aiir Field, tonight I'll say a prayer for them.

Larry Gibson

MtGun44
08-20-2012, 01:38 PM
I am very sorry for your country's losses. I have lost a much loved nephew in this war,
so I know how hard it can be. Best wishes and prayers for their families. Thanks to all in
NZ that try to fight to stop these terrorists. There are times when I wonder if this greater
war, not just in Afghanistan, will end even in our lifetimes.

Bill

JeffinNZ
08-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys. The USAF brought the two Lance Corporals home the other day in a C17 that may have actually been ex McChord (Larry) as our Antarctic flights of C17's come from there sometimes. The Aussies are bringing the latest three home for us.

Of course now the lefties are screaming to bring them all home. That's right, up sticks and walk away when it gets too hard. I have grave fears for what will happen in Afghanistan once we (the western world) all leave anyways. I think within 3-4 years it will be back to the way it was and all those young lives will have been in vain.

Firebricker
08-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Jeff, I too am sorry for the your countries loss. Your post made me realise I'm guilty of forgetting that United States isn't the only country losing fine soldiers over there. FB

Wal'
08-21-2012, 06:42 AM
And proud I am that our boys are bringing them home to you.

We might have our fun kidding across the ditch, but try & get between us, there will be trouble.

Rick N Bama
08-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Jeff, I too am sorry for the your countries loss. Your post made me realise I'm guilty of forgetting that United States isn't the only country losing fine soldiers over there. FB

I think we are all guilty of that.

Rick

Char-Gar
08-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Jeff... I have never met a Kiwi I didn't like. Fine folks they are. Darn shame you lost some of your boys and girls over there.

You care absolutely certain, that place will be just like it was before a year after we have left. But, we have no real intrest in that place. With the technology of drones now available, we can kill any folks there than need killing.

The Greeks, British, Romans and now the Allies have failed to change that culture or country. I am not a left winger, but I don't see that S$%& Ho*% worth one more drop of our boys and girls blood.

Our leaders got this all screw up. We did have an interest in stayin in Iraq, but not in Afganistan. So we pulled out of Iraq and stayed in Afganistan..go figure.

Love Life
08-21-2012, 11:05 AM
I will pray for their families.

JeffinNZ
08-21-2012, 06:16 PM
The first two recent losses, it is spectulated, were partly because the Hungarians have not been holding up their end of the deal in their province. So if one force doesn't do it's bit or goes home someone else has to pick up the slack. If the Kiwi's pull out early someone will have to cover us. It ain't the Kiwi way. We do our bit and what we said we would.

We are sending a Herc to AU tomorrow to get our soldiers. Cuts a bit deeper as this deployment is ex the 2/1st Battlion from Burnham Military Camp that is about 20 minutes drive from us and these guys did a lot of hard yards during the quake days for us also.

See this link (http://www.927arw.afrc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123314914) re the US team that helped us out.

JeffinNZ
08-22-2012, 10:10 PM
14:00 hours Thursday 23 Aug. An RNZAF C130 just arrived bringing our soldiers home.

:-(

popper
08-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Aussies & Canuks always had good fighting men and women. Char - been that way since Truman left office. Can't finish anything because of the press attitude back home. Truman didn't like it, but didn't give a darn about the press. He wanted to go into China with Mac, but the press and state beat him down. One smart hat maker. Sorry, didn't mean to leave the Kiwi's out, I always regarded them as same as Aussies, my bad.

JeffinNZ
08-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to leave the Kiwi's out, I always regarded them as same as Aussies, my bad.

[Jeff faints in horror]

Hardcast416taylor
08-24-2012, 11:38 AM
That pile of litter box complete with dog droppings isn`t worth the loss of any of our troops - irregardless of what country they call home. A prayerful wish for peace goes out to the fallen.Robert

44man
08-24-2012, 03:44 PM
No better then the Kiwi's and Aussies. They rank with our great troops. Canadians and those from the Islands too.
I respect and love all those from any country that fight for freedom.
I have an issue with deploying our men in crazy countries. Take them all out.
A threat from any country and they should be carpet bombed to submission. No troops. Air power, wipe them into the dark ages. With smart weapons and drones it would be affective and cheaper.
One soldier killed is one too many.
During the war we feared the others but they were brainwashed like Obama is trying to do. After the war they are friends. Japan and Germany, great people but our friends the Chinese fell under the communists. The people are great but held under the thumb.
The same with radical Muslims holding their own under the thumb.
I hold no ill feelings for previous enemies. But to put our men in danger with those that hate us is crazy. Let them kill each other but contain them. Go across the line and be destroyed, then leave.
Obama is turning us into a paper tiger.
Iraq, Saddam contained the radicals. Were we right to take him out? Egypt? Now the Muslim brotherhood.
Syria next with radicals. The government will fall but to what use?
Iran, a threat with radicals.
Understand it is one person in power that destroys their own and others.
Here it is democrats that will be our downfall. Soros is worse then Hitler. You will see the constitution turned to ashes.
Obama is preparing for a civil war. I am a northerner but will raise the confederate flag with honor.

Char-Gar
08-24-2012, 04:41 PM
The Confederates first and often flew the Bonnie Blue flag, which started with the short lived Republic of West Florida. The Texas flag incorporates the single star of the Bonnie Blue. The Bonnie Blue is the symbol of freedom and independence.

There is a line from the Confederate song..The Bonnie Blue Flag that goes.

As long as the Union was faithful to her trust,
Like friends and like brothers, both kind were we and just.
But when the Union our rights began to mar,
We hoist on high the Bonnie Blue flag that bears the single star.

The Confederate State of American is long gone and will never return. But maybe some day, the Bonnie Blue flag will once again be raised.

Wal'
08-24-2012, 10:20 PM
44 man is sooooooooo right, we have the technology [where have I heard that before] but seriously, there is no reason to put one boot on the ground in Afghanistan or any of these terrorist states.

Draw a line round them & annihilate anybody or anything that steps over it.

While we are continually forced to be the nice guys in all this ****, our young men will continue to die.

Just my thoughts for what its worth.