PDA

View Full Version : "Bad Dog!" stories. Share what you've got.

WILCO
08-19-2012, 08:46 PM
The "Stupid Dogs" thread has gotten me to thinking about stupid things my dogs did. One thing that came to mind right away was the time my Black Lab Shar Pei decided to take a dump in the back end of my 1998 Blazer. The Lab Shep decided to mix it in real good. Soon enough my kids were complaining that something stinks. Found myself on the side of the road with a handful of napkins, dogs in the ditch, trying to clean up the mess so we could at least get home without wearing it ourselves. And yes, both dogs were "Walked" before we started out. Samson (Lab Shar Pei) was an individualist who barked to a different drum. :holysheep

What are some of the stories you're willing to share?

10-x
08-19-2012, 09:06 PM
In the 90's we (I) had this cocker that turned out mean, so mean everyone called him "saten" but he was my dog. He loved to ride anywhere. Had to leave him in the van when I went to flea market/junk shops. He would sit in the passenger seat looking out the window, waiting for someone to come by to bark at. Saw him cause a guy to swallow his chew and a lady throw her purse when he jumped at the window barking at them. He bit a guy that wanted to pet him, after I told him NO, thank God for the "every dog gets his first bite free" rule/law. Ended up biting me and getting the needle once our Grandson came along. Still think about him every once in a while. Greyhounds are the best anyone could want, gentle, don't eat much and get along with everyone and most other dogs.

runfiverun
08-19-2012, 11:17 PM
when i was much younger my dad bought an artificial christmas tree when they were starting to become popular.
he put it up in a corner and wired it to both walls to keep it staight.
and we decorated it all up.
at the time we had a couple of little dogs, one was part poodle and one was something[s] else.
don't remember where we got them.
we went across town to the stamp shop,and a couple of stores at the new mall.
when we got back home the tree had been torn down/up, the few presents under it were shredded,lights strewn all over the place and some of my moms,mothers ornaments were broken.
that was one of the few times i ever remember my mom saying a swear word.

Frank46
08-19-2012, 11:18 PM
I have a pit bull terrier. Weighs about 80lbs. Someone let him go due to heartworm and he ended up with us. He is everything a pit bull isn't supposed to be. Scared of thunderstorms. Will climb up on top of me when the booming starts. Is not agressive at all. My niece's kids will end up on the floor playing with him. Ignores the two cats we have and plays with the chichua and weeny dog. Loves pupparoni, don't know what is in that stuff except it is like crack cocaine for dogs. Frank

Rockydog
08-19-2012, 11:41 PM
When my Avatar, the late Rocky, was a pup we had just repainted the walls in our living room and hallway a nice cream/off white color. I left a squeeze bottle of catsup on the kitchen table. He was in the house alone and decided that the bottle would make a nice play toy. In fairness it was my fault as I trained him to retrieve by filling 20 oz pop bottles half full of water and putting them in a sock for a training dummy. He loved the crackle of the plastic bottle. At any rate he got the bottle off the table and ran around the house chomping on it and shaking his head, as revealed by the evidence. It looked like Helter Skelter! Red catsup all over the white walls and the floors of the house. Had to repaint with two coats. One of KILZ and one with the original paint. If I could have him back he could do it every day and I wouldn't mind. RD

wgr
08-20-2012, 12:26 AM
My yellow lab likes to grab the cat buy the head and run. she will let it go for me . but the wife will chase her and she runs then stops. she will let go as soon as she sees you wont chase her

fecmech
08-20-2012, 10:38 AM
I had a Black lab that would eat anything. We had some spoiled chicken and it was summer and 3 or4 days till garbage pick up so I didn't want it in the garbage can. I took it to the back of our property (about 150 yds) and dumped it over the track bank. A couple days later my wife takes the kids to the doctor for something and the dog goes along as usual. When they return to the car my wife notices thousands of flies all over the car and then finds out the dog threw up the chicken in the back seat! I never made that mistake again.

375RUGER
08-20-2012, 12:28 PM
When my son was about 6 I got him a red and white beagle. My son lives with his mother. Beagle was 9 weeks when I picked him up, and took him to my son a day or 2 later.

He lasted all of 1 week in the same house as my X. She calls one day and says, er screams "COME GET THIS DOG OUT OF HERE OR I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!"

He backed up to the wall and took a dump on the wall.

That's how Freckles came to live with me.

Strange thing he always backed up to something to dump, bush, fence, something. He could dump on the other side of a fence and usually did.

Lot's of stories to tell one him. Full of mischief but he never dumped on my walls.

429421Cowboy
08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Our belovec Sammi dog who turns one year old next month came from friends at the local Huttirite colony when their pair of Border Collies had pups last fall and we got the runt. She is right at 45 pounds and the greatest athelete i have ever seen, can jump in the flatbed over the wood sides and keep up with the 4wheelers going flat out. All in all she has been a great dog, smart as a whip and easy to train, and really too timid to cause much damage.
Last month we went up to the colony to help slaughter hogs and naturally she went with in the pickup. If you have ever been to a Huttirite colony you know how many kids there are there so Sammi was having a great time playing with them and running around with the other dogs there. Once Tim the butcher saw her out of the pickup though he asked me if she was better than her mother and could be trusted, i told him she was very well mannored and quiet and couldn't cause any problems at all. He answered in his heavy German accent "OK but her Got $^&# mother jumped thro' a window in the poultry barn and killed thuty geese before they could catch her!"

crabo
08-20-2012, 07:40 PM
I had a german shepard rescue dog that chased the neighbor's cat down and killed it in their back yard. The guy was very understanding. He said, "dogs chase cats". I said "yeah, but they aren't supposed to catch them!"

He wouldn't even let me buy him a new cat. He also said that he knew we had good dogs because his nieces and nephews would come down the street and play with our dogs.

KYCaster
08-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I met a rescued Shepherd last week.

I went to do some repair work for a first time customer....didn't know what to expect....was met in the driveway by a dog I didn't know...obviously well along in years. I opened the door, said hi and offered her the back of my hand to see how she would react. She took one sniff and licked me from the finger tips to the wrist....EeeeewwWWWW.

No bark, no tail wag...just looked up at me like, "OK, I'm here, pet me!" So I did.....scratched behind the ears....rubbed her neck.....scratched her under the chin.....

The lady of the house came out on the porch and said, "She doesn't bite, her name's Heidi". By that time the dog was standing on my foot and leaning against my knees.

I later found out the guy worked at the county jail and had agreed to take the dog when the owner had been convicted on drug charges (third count), and begged for somebody take care of his dog.

Starved, abused and neglected....I was amazed to learn that Hiedi had been treated like that. Far different from other rescued dogs I've met.

And that stand-on-the-foot trick was no accident. She did that every chance she got.

Anywhoooooo...not exactly a BAD DOG story, just a story. [smilie=s:

Jerry

aarolar
08-20-2012, 10:04 PM
I had a german shepard rescue dog that chased the neighbor's cat down and killed it in their back yard. The guy was very understanding. He said, "dogs chase cats". I said "yeah, but they aren't supposed to catch them!"

He wouldn't even let me buy him a new cat. He also said that he knew we had good dogs because his nieces and nephews would come down the street and play with our dogs.

Maybe you did him a favor because it was his wifes cat and that's why he was so understanding.

crabo
08-20-2012, 10:39 PM
I actually did do him a favor he wasn't expecting. His cat was old and in poor health. It didn't have much longer to live. That might have helped with his attitude.

TheDoctor
08-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Had a staffordshire terrier a few years ago. It was just me and the boys that night, so we were just going to have some snack food for dinner. I sliced and fried a couple links of sausage, sliced some cheese, and got out some crackers. Plopped it down in the living room floor, me and the boyos were going to munch and watch a movie. I go back into the kitchen to get our drinks, and suddenly my oldest boy yells "Corra, NO!!!!!" I go running back into the living room, and the plate was empty. Dog ran like a bat out of ..... I guarantee, she slept outside that night.

mnkyracer
08-20-2012, 11:37 PM
My BIL has a Catahoula that is the most cat-like dog I have ever seen. This thing can be standing on the floor and jump onto the back of the sofa and land surefooted everytime. Well, I had just made 10-12 venison chops and sent them into the house. By the time I got in, there were only 3 or 4 left. I made the remark that someone must have been hungary to which my 6 yo neice said "Bella jumped up and had supper too." No running start - just straight up onto the counter without knocking anything off.

MT Gianni
08-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Read meters starting out at Intermountain gas so I have a few. I have been bit by dogs, geese and cats but they generally only ticked me off. The one dog that scared me weighed about 140 lbs and was chained to a 58 ford pick up in Conda Idaho. No axles, the frame was on the ground. He was tied with a log chain and when you turned the corner of the shack he would move the truck. I was certainly unprepared to deal with that mutt if he broke the frame or the chain and he looked almost capable of doing either.

Moonie
08-21-2012, 01:49 PM
We have 3 chihuahua's that live full time with us, 2 are rescue dogs, we have others that visit, mom has one as do my youngest step-daughters, they bring her over alot.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1043/img0976gy.jpg

fatnhappy
08-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Read meters starting out at Intermountain gas so I have a few. I have been bit by dogs, geese and cats but they generally only ticked me off. The one dog that scared me weighed about 140 lbs and was chained to a 58 ford pick up in Conda Idaho. No axles, the frame was on the ground. He was tied with a log chain and when you turned the corner of the shack he would move the truck. I was certainly unprepared to deal with that mutt if he broke the frame or the chain and he looked almost capable of doing either.

back when I was a snot nosed kid delivering newspapers (remember those?) I delivered to a house of dirtbags. They had two good sized labs, the alpha of which bit me under the arm once when he lunged at me.

The next day I delivered that address last, with a brick in the bottom of the bag. When he beelined at me I caught him square in the chest. I rolled him harder than a Tijuana hooker does a Marine on the 2nd of the month.
There and ever after he would simply bark at me from around the corner of the house.

There are implications in relations between men or nations in that story.

Strangely, the only other dog that bit me was also a lab, my father in law's. As he got older he became extremely aggressive. He cornered my SIL in the house and bared teeth at my BIL another time. He got me pretty good. It took a stick upside the head to dislodge him, the very same stick I'd been throwing for him the preceding 5 minutes.
We have no idea why he grew so aggressive with age or randomly turned so quickly. He was only about 7 years old. And yes, I dispatched my FIL's dog.

Longwood
08-21-2012, 09:53 PM
back when I was a snot nosed kid delivering newspapers (remember those?) I delivered to a house of dirtbags. They had two good sized labs, the alpha of which bit me under the arm once when he lunged at me.

The next day I delivered that address last, with a brick in the bottom of the bag. When he beelined at me I caught him square in the chest. I rolled him harder than a Tijuana hooker does a Marine on the 2nd of the month.
There and ever after he would simply bark at me from around the corner of the house.

There are implications in relations between men or nations in that story.

Strangely, the only other dog that bit me was also a lab, my father in law's. As he got older he became extremely aggressive. He cornered my SIL in the house and bared teeth at my BIL another time. He got me pretty good. It took a stick upside the head to dislodge him, the very same stick I'd been throwing for him the preceding 5 minutes.
We have no idea why he grew so aggressive with age or randomly turned so quickly. He was only about 7 years old. And yes, I dispatched my FIL's dog.

Can you please clue us in to what a SIL, a FIL, and a BIL happens to be?

oneokie
08-21-2012, 09:55 PM
sister in law, father in law, brother in law

missionary5155
08-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Greetings
Our spaniel Spot down in Arequipa went through that puppy stage of needing to chew on everything that was within reach. We hid all items that were of any value and made sure there was always a good supply of old shoes, socks, sticks and bones about to enjoy.
One day I returned home to the awful smell of propane in the air. Seems Spot had found the line that was hooked to the valve on top of the propane tank and somehow managed to get his mouth into the very narrow space available between the valve and wall and chewed the line in two. 5 weeks worth of propane floating about the neighborhood and one happy spaniel. He turned out to be the best earthquake warning system we have ever had access to.
Mike in ILL.

waksupi
08-21-2012, 11:32 PM
When you get a new puppy, give them a piece of apple branch an inch or so in diameter, and a foot or more long. They will chew this and leave everything else alone. They like the sweet taste. They will completely destroy a couple of them before they are done teething.

Gliden07
08-22-2012, 12:15 AM
My family had an Irish Setter (Tosha) when I was a kid, beautiful dog. I was about 12 we went out Trick or Treating and had collected a nice stash of candy. When we got home Mom stashed the candy on top of a free standing shelf in the Kitchen, she loaded us in the car so my Grandmother and Grandfather could see our costumes. When we got home the dog had managed to knock over the shelf eat most of the candy and some of the other things on the shelf and threw up in multiple rooms in the house!! We took the Dog to the Vet to have them induce him to vomit more (because some chocolet is toxic to dogs) and had to leave him overnight for observation. And on top of all that we had to go home and clean the mees up in the house!! Its a topic of conversation every Holloween!! LOL!!

gideons301
08-22-2012, 12:49 AM
When I was a young man My Grandparents were given a doberman pup. When he started digging in Grandmas garden she ran an electric fence around it. As soon as Sam (the Doby) ran into that fence he understood that a wire was not to be touched.... EVER. From that time forward if you wanted to keep Sam off an area of ground all you had to do was stretch a string across, and Sam slammed on the brakes at the sight of it. Unusually for a Doby Sam was very good with the little kids, and when the play outside ran past sundown, there were lines that Sam would not cross as he remembered where there had been a string or wire in the past, and in the dark he did not trust that someone may have put that line back up, and he was not going to get shocked again.

DHurtig
08-22-2012, 01:20 AM
This is my bad boy and as you can see is one of the world's largest lap dogs. He weighs 104 pounds and thankfully is small for the breed. He is a full blood Great Dane and should weigh in around 150 pounds. He is 4 years old now. He wandered into my daughters place 2 years ago. He was skin and bones and weighed 85 pounds. You could count every rib and vertebrae. He had ear infections so bad that the tips of his ears were caked with scabs from shaking his head so much. We found out where he came from and the neighbors said that he was left in the yard for days on end with no food or water. They also said that he was constantly at odds with the neighbors pit bulls. He is very aggressive about food and a terrible thief. We had to put a gate across the kitchen to keep him out. He is also VERY protective of the property when he is outside. He's fine and very affectionate with people we let in the house. He absolutely will not tolerate any new animals on the property. Had more than a few squabbles with the two dogs we had already when he came to live with us.

Please don't judge our house by the mess in the picture. My daughter is going back to college and she and our grand daughter are in the middle of moving in.

Anyway this is my big baby that I named Lord Remington. Dale

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/c_latrans/Picture315.jpg

smokeywolf
08-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Had a border collie/shepherd mix some 20 years ago. I was standing out in front of the neighbor's house shootin the breeze with him. Mike the border collie was dozing on the grass next me. Out of neighbor's garage comes neighbor's cat. Mike stood up, cat made for the fence in neighbor's side yard, Mike in hot pursuit. Cat jumps up on fence, then up onto neighbor's roof. Mike jumps up onto fence, then onto neighbors roof.
After I yelled at him, Mike came down all by himself, same way he got up.
Border Collies are athletic.

gideons301
08-22-2012, 01:47 AM
And then there was Penny (small Flugell Hound AKA Mut) She adopted my family when my oldest was 5 and #2 was 2. My wife and girls found this MUT sleeping in the gutter in front of our house invited her in, and fell in love with her. After 7 days of only letting this little beast out in the fenced back yard under close supervision, my wife told the girls it was time to learn if she was going to stay with us. So they let her out the front door, Penny took off at a dead run down from our raised porch across the street to where a shepard mix was on a chain, barked at said dog and got him rather excited, proceeded across the other street ( we lived on a 4 way corner) got the Short Hair pointers in a kennel into a similar state, and then to the yard next to that where a couple of Huskys were in another pen, after barking at them she returned to our front porch, plopped herself on the top step and barked some more to let everyone know that SHE is now here and is in charge of this area. She ran our household for 17 years after that.
One time when we ( the whole family) went for a walk along the new dike at the confluence of the Snake and Clearwater rivers at Lewiston, ID, Penny found a source of perfume, a very dead/very ripe salmon, and rolled in the perfume. Penny had a hard time understanding why she was persona non gratta on the ride home ( I wished that we had an auto that wasn't a wagon at the time, I would have locked her in the trunk for the trip home) There was no escaping her perfume that she wanted to share with us all!!!

Gliden07
08-22-2012, 08:26 AM
GREAT thread!! I'm really enjoying it!!

smokeywolf
08-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Don't know if this is a dog story or horse story. About 15 years ago I was rough housing with our white Malamute/Arctic Wolf. Jammed my big toe against a piece of furniture and broke it pretty bad. Broken toes are generally left alone to heel. The most anybody does is maybe tape the broken one to a good one next to it. This one was hurting bad enough to send me to the doctor for something more than aspirin. Doctor decides to milk this by taking xrays. He comes back in the room and asks me, "when did you break all the other toes?" I said I don't remember breaking all my other toes. Maybe one or two others but not all of them. He says, "all of your toes have been broken at least once, some multiple times". After going through a list of possible causes he asks, "have you ever worked around large animals?" Yes, horses.
I had a little Arab mare that would casually lift her left front hoof and gently set it down on your foot while you were tightening her cinch. Then she'd lean on it. It's a good thing she was petite. She weighed less than a thousand pounds.

smokeywolf

Echo
08-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Outstanding thread. We had a beagle when we lived on base. Named him Ahab (Moose's AHab, after his Dad, Badlands Moose), and were fortunate to BE THERE when he yelled the first time! Being a pup (about 9 weeks old, as I remember), he barked, and yelped - and then one day - bark bark, AROOO! He backed up, startled at what he had done, then did it again! AROOO! No more barking, no more yelps, just good Beagle yells. Knew more about rabbits than he did about cars, and we buried him out at the OKC gun club range.

fatnhappy
08-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Outstanding thread. We had a beagle when we lived on base. Named him Ahab (Moose's AHab, after his Dad, Badlands Moose), and were fortunate to BE THERE when he yelled the first time! Being a pup (about 9 weeks old, as I remember), he barked, and yelped - and then one day - bark bark, AROOO! He backed up, startled at what he had done, then did it again! AROOO! No more barking, no more yelps, just good Beagle yells. Knew more about rabbits than he did about cars, and we buried him out at the OKC gun club range.

Ah yes. I miss that sound

opos
08-22-2012, 06:40 PM
I know it's a dog thread but......anyone want to send their dog over for a "cat lesson"? He's meaner than he looks.

abqcaster
08-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Funny story: Back in my single, bachelor days, I had 3 dogs and they were all pretty bright. One night, I woke up to some weird banging/clanging, and splashing noises. So, I followed the noise to the bathroom, ready clobber an intruder. Lo and behold, my dogs are taking turns holding up the toilet lid while one or another would get a drink. I almost peed myself laughing. I thought I shoulda started giving them chores after that.

Recently, I discovered my dog likes vegetables, on the count of I caught her eating the tomatoes and egg plants right off the vine. she hasn't touched the chili peppers though. . . :D

smokeywolf
08-23-2012, 06:26 AM
abqcaster,
It would be advisable to keep her away from the tomatoes. Dog's stomach acid is about 1.6. Tomatoes will decrease her ph even more (more acidic). Their stomach can't handle it.

abqcaster
08-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Good to know. I keep her out of them now, just 'cause I want 'em. :D

WILCO
08-23-2012, 10:35 AM
I know it's a dog thread but......anyone want to send their dog over for a "cat lesson"? He's meaner than he looks.

What's the story here Opos? Kinda looks like his head is too heavy........

Moonie
08-23-2012, 11:47 AM
He's meaner than he looks.

I very seriously doubt that, the look on that cat could filet a great white shark...

opos
08-24-2012, 10:19 PM
I very seriously doubt that, the look on that cat could filet a great white shark...

That's "lunch"

WILCO
07-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Bump yet again! Ha ha!

popper
07-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Schnauzer that jumped on the kitchen table at nite & ate my birthday cake the wife baked. Oh, he also like to pee on your leg. Went blind & lived 16 yrs.

dagger dog
07-05-2013, 11:38 PM
We needed a watch dog to oversee a poultry breeding operation.

Found an ad' in the local newspaper for a "bad" dog. Went to the address to check it out. Queenie was a 2 year old German Shepard that had been an actual junk yard dog, the original owners had her tied to the back wall of a shed with a 24" chain. She was to bad for them to control, had jumped into the original owners face and broken out his front teeth

Used a choker on a stick for control as we loaded her into the back of "unc's" '59 Ford, she made 3-4 attempts to get to us, but having the long choker I was able to keep her off as she tried to jump into the front seat.

Once home we were forced to keep her on a short lead and had to feed her with a shovel to keep enough distance not to be bitten. It took about 3 days for her to figure out that we were not a threat. The lead kept getting longer as her confidence in us grew.

Queenie was finally allowed to run the yard on a 100 foot overhead cable and 50 foot lead. I used to take her swimming down to Pond Creek on hot August days. Only family and close friends were tolerated, when strangers were present she had to be confined.

She had a enclosed dog house with plenty of warm straw bedding for cold winter nights, a burlap door kept the draughts at bay.
Never did a 'possum, 'coon or weasel enter the "yard" with out Queenie either taking out the varmint, or warning us.

She was a true "junk yard dog" , but had that warm spot in her heart as all dogs do for humans, a bond that is 10,000 years old.

starbits
07-06-2013, 12:02 AM
My Dad had a German Shepard that jumped in the window of my brothers car and ate the back seat. Not just a few bite marks, he shreaded the seat and back rest. That dog was as dumb as a rock, rattlesnake bit not once, not twice, but 3 times. He also made acquaintances with a couple porcupines. Thank God we didn't have skunks around here.

Starbits

brassrat
07-06-2013, 12:48 AM
My sister had a Shep mix who didn't like storms. He was in the garden shed one time. There were two metal doors, side by side which opened to make a five ft. or so opening. The dog somehow grabbed a seam on a door, while locked in, and pealed open the bottom of the door and ripped out the foam insulation.

xs11jack
07-06-2013, 01:10 AM
Had a German Shepard that was a pistol. Many stories but two are that he had separation angsity(sp) one day we left for one hour, came back and found that he had opened a full large kleenx box and scattered them in every room in the house, including the bathtub. Second one, my wife loves beet pickles. We got tv trays and went into the living room and the shepard sat right next to her chair and when she turned her head to talk to me, the four beet pickle slices had be hoovered up. He had this little beet juice stain at the corner of his mouth!
Ole Jack
Ole

blackthorn
07-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Many years ago I had a cross breed bitch that had a litter. One of the pups was born with yellow eyes and they never changed color. I kept him and named him “Drake”. He was not a big dog; rather he was on the small side of average, weighing around 25 to 30 pounds. He was MEAN. I had a large fenced yard at the time and he was free to run within the confines of the fence. With me and the rest of the family he was just fine, loving and playful BUT woe betide anyone other than family that came near. He got so bad that I could not trust him, even after “introducing” him to guests, neighbors etc. In the end I felt it necessary to put him down.

DxieLandMan
07-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Got one puppy once and since I was in the passenger seat, I had to hold him. Poor dog never had been in a truck before because he threw up all over me. Got that cleaned up and no sooner than I got it cleaned up off of me, I smelled this horrible smell. Yep, dog took a nice dump on my lap. Dog never rode in the truck again.

Boz330
07-08-2013, 05:43 PM
A number of years ago I stopped at a Walgreens drug store for a card. It was summer time so I left the windows all of the way down for my Rottweiler Shasa. I went into the drug store not planning to be in there but a couple minutes. Suddenly I hear an announcement over the PA for the owner of the big Black dog to come to the front of the store. As I arrived I see Shasa dragging the manager thru the store. He is hanging on to her collar while she just walks like there is no impediment. The door was automatic and she thought that was damned convenient, no reason not to come in.

Bob

lylejb
07-09-2013, 12:27 AM
As a teenager, I had a chocolate lab. She was SMART. One day, I had left a stack of 4 or 5 chocolate chip cookies on the coffee table, and left the room, to go to the bathroom. When I returned, I saw her, ever so carefully, turn her head sideways and gently take JUST the top cookie off the stack.

Maybe if I just take one.........

winelover
07-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Alaskan Malamute that ate a 10 gallon terrarium full of cactus and suffered no ill effects.

Winelover

Pb2au
07-09-2013, 08:16 AM
My one and only German shepherd decided one day it would be a great idea to get a bottle of bleach out of the cabinet in the pantry and devour it. Somehow it did not kill her. After that she decided it would be a swell idea to destroy part of our Xmas tree then consume a box of kleenex. After that, she was fired from the corporation.

Reverend Al
07-10-2013, 01:33 AM
When my German Shorthaired Pointer "Jake" was younger I would take him to work with me and if the weather was good we had a run out back of the store for him, but if the weather was poor I'd leave him to sleep in the cab of my old Ford Ranger pickup truck. I came out one day and he'd got bored and chewed the shifter knob right off the top of the 5 speed shifter lever. There were little bits of black shifter knob all through the cab. We had a Ford dealership nearby and I drove down and got a replacement in their Parts Department. A few days later I was back to buy the second shifter knob since he'd done it again ... and then a few days later I went back to buy a shifter knob for the 4 wheel drive lever too! At that point he seemed to lose all interest in Ford shifter knobs and he never, ever did it again.
We lost him a year ago last April at 11 1/2 years old and I still miss my very best little bird hunting buddy every single day ...
:sad: