PDA

View Full Version : We are all doing it wrong. What now?

500MAG
08-19-2012, 12:12 PM
I have gone on a scrapper forum to try to pick up some lead and I have found out that we are all doing it wrong.

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/cagowans/Untitled.png
:holysheep

2wheelDuke
08-19-2012, 12:43 PM
I have gone on a scrapper forum to try to pick up some lead and I have found out that we are all doing it wrong.

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/cagowans/Untitled.png
:holysheep

Where about in South Florida are you? I just noticed somebody posting WTB on Craigslist for WW and lead. Was that you?

500MAG
08-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Where about in South Florida are you? I just noticed somebody posting WTB on Craigslist for WW and lead. Was that you?

That would be me sir. Pembroke Pines. LOL

johnho
08-19-2012, 05:12 PM
500mag, join the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club in Dania and mine the lead in the backstop. almost everone shoots lead there. Unfortunately me, when I lived there, and another fellow cleaned it up pretty good but that was about 5 years ago. Should be full again. And on top of that, a great bunch of shooters there.

lwknight
08-19-2012, 09:26 PM
OMG! "" wheel weights were never intended for bullets"" what a rank and file fool.
They really do walk among us and look like anyone else.

nicholst55
08-19-2012, 09:32 PM
OMG! "" wheel weights were never intended for bullets"" what a rank and file fool.

Nope, probably a bullet caster who wants to keep it all for himself.

500MAG
08-19-2012, 10:17 PM
500mag, join the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club in Dania and mine the lead in the backstop. almost everone shoots lead there. Unfortunately me, when I lived there, and another fellow cleaned it up pretty good but that was about 5 years ago. Should be full again. And on top of that, a great bunch of shooters there.

I have actually been thinking about joining. Now, with this info, I need to get movin'.
Thanks

JIMinPHX
08-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Right after I found a tire shop in Phoenix that throws away their used WW, I moved out of state.

Keep looking. They may be few & far between, but they do still exist.

BAGTIC
08-20-2012, 11:43 AM

Well look at his name. What else would you expect?

bowfin
08-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Maybe we should tell that guy to first separate the rims and tires from the wheelweights before smelting. They are both a major source of contamination...

mold maker
08-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Funny, Nobody ever told my guns about the contaminates. They are happy in their ignorance.