PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Customer Service=AWESOME

Love Life
08-17-2012, 11:54 AM
I recently bought a RCBS APS benchprime from a member here along with a strip loader. The tool came without the large priming parts (as described in the S&S listing) so I sent an e-mail to RCBS asking if I could order the parts from them directly. Below is the e-mail chain:

I sent

Sir/Ma'am,

Good afternoon. I recently purchased a used RCBS APS Bench Prime tool and strip loader. Unfortunately the priming tool did not come with the parts needed for large primers and did not come with an instruction manual. The strip loader did not come with an instruction manual either. I looked high and low and could not find the large primer parts. Is there any way I can order the large primer parts and the instruction manuals from you directly?

Thank you very much,
Love Life

RCBS reply

Just ordered your parts for you no charge

Thank you,

Technical Services/cm
ATK/RCBS Operation
(800) 533-5000
Customer Service Hours:
Monday-Thursday 6:30am to 3:30pm

You can't beat that with a stick!!!

Three-Fifty-Seven
08-17-2012, 01:17 PM
chases!

Tazman1602
10-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Same thing here. After using RCBS hand prime for 20 years or more I bought a new "universal" hand prime that doesn't require shellholder changes.

....I prompty bent the heck out of the safety gate thingy while changing to small primers for pistol reloading.

I wrote RCBS customer service and TOLD them I was the one who had screwed it up and could I purchase just that part?

I got a one line email back:

"Art, your parts are on their way at no charge. Happy Reloading and thank you for using RCBS products"

Ya' just can't beat that............

Art

ShooterAZ
10-01-2012, 12:47 PM
I have also been treated well by RCBS. I bent the decap stem on my 30-06 sizing die (a rock was in the case), they replaced it. They replaced the primer arm on my RC press (stripped threads). I also had some issues with a new Lam2, they replaced it as well. ALL with no questions asked, and no charge. RCBS's customer service is top notch.

scarry scarney
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I've been using the big green for several years and their customer support is one of the finest in the world. While serving overseas, I moved a box on a top shelf, and down came another heavy box, right on top of my scale. I wrote to them, and they replaced it, saying warranty. I've broken decamping pins, they've sent me new ones. I now live just a short drive from their office, and noticed my old (1983 model) pro-melt power cord was getting a little frayed. I called the office and asked if I could drop it off. They not only replaced the power cord, but some of the internal components as well. It sure would be nice if all American companies would have this kind of customer service!

Rick N Bama
10-03-2012, 09:26 AM
I've had the same experience with RCBS with replacement decapping pins & a expander I messed up.

Rick

TheDoctor
10-03-2012, 09:51 AM
I used to load a lot of 7mm-08. Would neck down 308, and sometimes neck up 243 to form my brass. Broke 3 decapping pins one day trying to decap a berdan primed case. Duh, how'd that get in there? And I would split about 1 out of 5 243 necking up. Emailed them to see if they made a long tapered expander to do the job, and to buy some more decapping pins. 2 days later, they had sent me some more pins, and an expander to do the job properly. Not sure if they custom made it or not, but never saw one in their catalog. They refused to let me pay for it or the pins.

David2011
10-04-2012, 01:51 PM
They told me to send all of my old 50 rd primer tubes with friction (the slits) or spring retainers in and they would replace them with the new 100 rd style at no charge.

The vast majority of my reloading equipment is green or blue for this very reason.

David