PDA

View Full Version : Not Covered by NO BS Warranty

KohlerK91
08-16-2012, 07:08 PM
I have and older powder measure that has the hopper glued to the base housing. The glue is no longer holding the hopper in place and will easily seperate with a light bump. I learn this the hard way and lost A BUNCH OF POWDER on the floor.

I have been told that it is not covered by the NO B.S waranty we all have heard of.
Wont even send me a little tube of glue to fix it.

I was told to glue it myself or drill and put some screws in like the new updated model. Or put some duck tape around it. ( Yes that come from the customer service man)

No B.S. warranty............Really???

Oh yeah and "ALL" 12" subs are $5.00 except ..............................

shotman
08-16-2012, 07:22 PM
JB weld works

Alvarez Kelly
08-16-2012, 07:52 PM
I drill holes in the old ones and add screws all the time. It's not a big deal.

If it was me, I'd call back and ask them to send you a replacement powder hopper (yours must be cracked) and the 2 screws. Maybe the next guy you talk to won't be in a bad mood.

Sonnypie
08-16-2012, 09:41 PM
A little GE Silicon glue would fix that right up.
I did that with the ancient Redding powder measure I learned with as a kid with Dad. Good as ever again.

If you got the name of who you talked to you could mention it to somebody up the ladder. Might help the next caller from getting pickle juice in their lemonade... :-P

220swiftfn
08-17-2012, 02:49 AM
As Kelly suggested, the "no BS warranty" does not cover the glue. It DOES cover the hopper itself, so you can get the fix that way. (for what it's worth, if you were to send it in for a refurb, you would've gotten a new hopper.....)

Dan

Green Frog
08-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Dumb question here... whose was the "no BS warrantee" that you are complaining about?

Just askin...
Froggie

sparky45
08-17-2012, 09:45 AM
I imagine it's the Big Blue Machine.

Rick459
08-20-2012, 03:29 PM
call back and ask for Gary.. i belive he is also a member here. he should be able to help you out.
Rick

Kevin Rohrer
08-20-2012, 03:49 PM

This is something anyone w/ a tube of epoxy or Super Glue could fix. If you can't afford either one, email me your address and I'll have Amazon ship you some on my nickel.

KohlerK91
08-20-2012, 07:02 PM
This is something anyone w/ a tube of epoxy or Super Glue could fix. If you can't afford either one, email me your address and I'll have Amazon ship you some on my nickel.

What kind of comment is that? I cant afford glue??

You are missing the whole point.

BruceB
08-20-2012, 08:31 PM
What kind of comment is that? I cant afford glue??

You are missing the whole point.

The "point" is that YOU expect Dillon to send you a tiny bit of glue, likely in a packaging size they don't use, paying staff time and postage to send YOU about two cents' worth of the stuff at a cost of some dollars.

Dillon has covered warranty repairs at a cost of (often) HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS to help people out.

YOU, however, refuse to see the silliness of your position. You'd rather post here and whine, when you could have made the repair yourself in a few seconds and been back in production in less time than it took to complain on this Board.

I understand about "the principle of the thing". If the the glue cost ten dollars, maybe I could see the "point". As it is, a functioning machine is far more important, in my book, than the few paltry pennies it might cost for ME to do the repair on my own. This is, after all, a hobby which largely attracts independent, do-it-yourself types.... I thought.

Different strokes, for danged certain.

Reverend Recoil
08-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Well said, Bruce.

KohlerK91
08-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Dillon has covered warranty repairs at a cost of (often) HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS to help people out.

To help US out?? Does that mean they were not legitimate repairs and should not have been covered?

Does this mean they are doing us favors everytime we get a part from them?

I disagree.

Sounds like to me that they are just honoring the NO BS WARRANTY, no matter how silly you may think the repair is.

Alvarez Kelly
08-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Man, you guys are kinda harsh. Dillon gave the OP the correct answer when they suggested he drill and screw the powder measure hopper. Dillon hasn't used glue for well over 10 years. If I replace a powder measure hopper, I always drill the body and use screws. They look just like they would if they came from Dillon.

To the OP... I can send you a few of the correct screws. I bought a box of a hundred of them, and I think that'll be more than a lifetime supply for me. PM me your address and I'll get 'em in the mail.

KohlerK91
08-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Alvarez,

I found some screws and I made the repair myself.

Thank you for the offer

Idaho Sharpshooter
08-22-2012, 02:11 AM
We are soooooooooooooooo proud of you!

Rich
Sua Sponte

Longwood
08-22-2012, 02:17 AM
I wrap aluminum tape around mine if they get man handled bad enough to come loose.
Easier to take off again if I wish.

Lloyd Smale
08-22-2012, 07:20 AM
what next. do you want them to drive up from AZ and tighten the black knob on the operating handle for you.

Dan Cash
08-22-2012, 08:06 AM
To help US out?? Does that mean they were not legitimate repairs and should not have been covered?

Does this mean they are doing us favors everytime we get a part from them?

I disagree.

Sounds like to me that they are just honoring the NO BS WARRANTY, no matter how silly you may think the repair is.

If you are so unhapp0y, sell your junky old blue stuff and get the holy grail red Lee to replace it. If glue is an ecconomic issue, you can't afford to shoot and reload. Stop squandering your money and time and buy milk for your babies.

Huntducks
08-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Look I have a 14 year old SDB that the PM has screws holding it yours has to be older, so the glue gave up the ghost reglue it and load some ammo.

xacex
08-22-2012, 03:36 PM
I like Lee...

xacex

7of7
08-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I like Lee...

xacex

I have a Lee, and I keep bumping the top off the powder hopper.. so annoying.. Should I give Lee a call about that? The tops come off to easily... (might glue a weight on it..

asw1911pc@aol.com
08-25-2012, 03:20 PM
You guys and girls are making me laugh. With your silly comments

GRid.1569
08-27-2012, 10:28 AM
No B.S.

Will they repair my shoulder socket from all the wear 'n' tear of pulling the handle for the past 20 years?....

:bigsmyl2:

A pause for the COZ
08-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Hehehehe, used guys are so funny.

I think they should have just sent him a new powder measure.

hey your paying for three when you buy one any way.

Sorry... Couldn't help myself.:coffeecom

1bluehorse
08-27-2012, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=KohlerK91;1814037]I have and older powder measure that has the hopper glued to the base housing. The glue is no longer holding the hopper in place and will easily seperate with a light bump. I learn this the hard way and lost A BUNCH OF POWDER on the floor.

I have been told that it is not covered by the NO B.S waranty we all have heard of.

I was told to glue it myself or drill and put some screws in like the new updated model. Or put some duck tape around it. ( Yes that come from the customer service man)

No B.S. warranty............Really???

You're kidding right?? You're just having fun with us right?? You called Dillon just as a joke right?? You all had a good laugh after right?? Good, now go fix your powder measure and get back to loading..

troy_mclure
08-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Wow! Dillon fanbois are as bad as glock fanbois!

Dillons "no bs warranty" is no better than lee's.
But you sure are Paying for that "no ns warranty".

GRid.1569
08-27-2012, 03:56 PM

HEY... leave Team Tuperware alone... It's thier dream that "Plastic's Fantastic"...

Let's no spoil it for them.... :p

ReloaderFred
08-27-2012, 04:10 PM
I can't believe this thread is still alive...............

Fred

GRid.1569
08-27-2012, 04:24 PM
I can't believe this thread is still alive...............

Fred

Zombie Thread... Fred...

Hey I'm a poet and I did'nt even know it...

Damm there I go again... :p

Moondog
08-27-2012, 05:11 PM
I checked my PMs for my Dillion 550B. I have four of them mounted on shell heads. and they all appear to be glued. Well I they ever come unglued, I guess I will just reglue them. I would not want to change any one of them out, I know each and every one of them throws consistent and accurate loads of powder. I been using the thing since about 1991-92 and it still works great. BTW, Dillon has been good to me over the years about sending minor replacement parts at no charge.

Alvarez Kelly
08-27-2012, 06:24 PM
...if they ever come unglued, I guess I will just reglue them. I would not want to change any one of them out...

You don't have to worry about changing them out. 2 minutes or less with a couple of different size drill bits and 2 new screws... and they'll look like they just came out of the factory.

Dillon quit using the glue, precisely because servicing the powder measure hopper is so much easier to do for anyone... if it's held on with 2 screws.

By the way, the only times I have had to replace the hoppers is when I did something stupid... Dillon just mailed me new hoppers. They wouldn't let me pay even after i told them I dropped it.

All in all, great tools, from a great company.

Dan Cash
08-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Since this thread started my hounds ran a house cat into the reloading room; yes, left the door open. Cat knocked two dillon measures off their storage shelf to the floor. One had screws holding the reservoir but the screws tore loose and the powder, unique , was spilled. The other measure was glued or rather reglued by me some years ago. Its load of R15 landed ontop of the unique but the hoppeer stayed put. It took longer to heat the glue gun than it did to fix the problem. Now if I could get Dillon to help me sort the Unique from the R15 I would be happy. Fix you outfit and move on.

Gliden07
08-27-2012, 09:38 PM
zombie thread... Fred...

Hey i'm a poet and i did'nt even know it...

Damm there i go again... :p

lol!!!

1bluehorse
08-27-2012, 11:28 PM

Dillons "no bs warranty" is no better than lee's.
But you sure are Paying for that "no ns warranty".

fanbois will be fanbois..[smilie=p: and I have absolutley nothing Dillon in my reloading kit..:takinWiz:

kcinnick
08-28-2012, 04:34 AM
Dillon has been good to me. I called on a Saturday Morning, not expecting an answer, and the phone was answered on the first ring. The person on the phone went through the entire troubleshooting process with me and sent me spare parts I didn't even need.... Once I cleaned the piece of trash that got in the primer system, looked like a sliver of copper from a bullet, everything worked fine. Well I have extra primer system parts if I ever pop a primer in the primer system.

Kevin Rohrer
08-28-2012, 02:56 PM
I have absolutley nothing Dillon in my reloading kit

Like Dirty Harry, said, "Every man needs to know his limitations." :bigsmyl2:

Kevin Rohrer
08-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Cat knocked two dillon measures off their storage shelf to the floor. One had screws holding the reservoir but the screws tore loose and the powder, unique , was spilled. The other measure was glued or rather reglued by me some years ago.

It was Super Reloading Cat chiding you in its own way for leaving powder in the reservoirs. Expect return visits anytime you do it in the future.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29/KevinRohrer/Super_Cat___Wallpaper_ogcz4.jpg

Jack Stanley
08-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Ha ha !! Kevin , how did you get the cat to sit still for that !?!

I called Dillon one time to get a replacement bell crank on the measured I'd been using for twenty-five years . They told me to send it back so I did , they replaced the entire measure .

Jack

A pause for the COZ
08-28-2012, 05:33 PM
That cant be it????
I have another box O corn :popcorn:

KohlerK91
08-28-2012, 09:46 PM
That cant be it????
I have another box O corn :popcorn:

I know what you mean.

I made the fix to the powder measure a WEEK ago and posted as so. End of story.

Yet the ingenious comments keep rolling in. Now thats funny

mongo
08-28-2012, 11:33 PM
LOL, Tough crowd here.....

Olevern
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Wow! Talk about your sharks smelling blood. No sympathy in this crew!

I think the OP has a point, if a company advertises a no BS warrantee they should address any problem, even if the postage is more than the parts to fix it. If they weren't willing to send the necessary glue, then they should have offered to have him ship the measure to them for update to the screw system. Now, THAT would be "no BS".

Some time ago I purchased a RCBS Lil Dandy rotor I didn't have. Unpackaged it, put it in the box with all my other ones and didn't think about it until, months later I tried to place it in the powder measure. It wouldn't fit in the measure.

By then, no receipt, not even sure what shop I purchased it at. Called RCBS; they asked me to mike the OD, said it should fit at that OD; the OD was within allowable variation. However, since I said it didn't fit MY Lil Dandy, they offered to send me another one. When I asked what I should do with the one that didn't fit, the rep. told me to "throw it away".

Now, that there's a no BS warrantee, even if they don't advertise it that way.

Them that do make that claim should do as well.

A pause for the COZ
08-31-2012, 12:26 AM
Wow! Talk about your sharks smelling blood. No sympathy in this crew!

I think the OP has a point, if a company advertises a no BS warrantee they should address any problem, even if the postage is more than the parts to fix it. If they weren't willing to send the necessary glue, then they should have offered to have him ship the measure to them for update to the screw system. Now, THAT would be "no BS".

Some time ago I purchased a RCBS Lil Dandy rotor I didn't have. Unpackaged it, put it in the box with all my other ones and didn't think about it until, months later I tried to place it in the powder measure. It wouldn't fit in the measure.

By then, no receipt, not even sure what shop I purchased it at. Called RCBS; they asked me to mike the OD, said it should fit at that OD; the OD was within allowable variation. However, since I said it didn't fit MY Lil Dandy, they offered to send me another one. When I asked what I should do with the one that didn't fit, the rep. told me to "throw it away".

Now, that there's a no BS warrantee, even if they don't advertise it that way.

Them that do make that claim should do as well.

I have not had one issue with RCBS's Service. As a matter of fact they have gone above and beyond any reasonable expectation I would have.
They have replaced a multitude of parts for me on equipment I did not even buy new from them.

Now I cant say the same goes for the quality of the new stuff I did buy.
I have ordered a few new Items that the manufacturing was incomplete. So I guess the no BS warantee is needed.

Lizard333
09-01-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't think it's a cost issue with Dillon at all. They will send you a primer tip, in the mail same day. Free of charge. If something they have is legitimately broken, the replace it. No BS.

You had outdated stuff, they told you how to fix the product. If you told them it was cracked, you would have had a new one in the mail.

Hardcast416taylor
09-01-2012, 01:31 PM
I`m still using my RCBS Uniflow that I got sometime back in the `60`s. I`ve replaced the green powder hopper only because the original was getting crazed with age. The fit on the old measure was so tight it was a job getting it off - no glue or screws. The new hopper they sent me at no charge was as snug of a fit that I would be challenged to remove by "bumping"it. I understand that white Elmer`s Glue- All works on most inexpensive plastics quite well.Robert

KohlerK91
09-02-2012, 01:32 PM
If something they have is legitimately broken, the replace it. No BS.

Is the glued on hopper seperating from the main housing not legitimate?

If this is not legitimate, what is it?

Not abuse thats for sure.

powderburnerr
09-03-2012, 04:56 PM
I just got a measure back from Dillon , it was sad , sad sad looking with a taped hopper and a couple loose things on the powder actuator , it came back as new with a new body , hopper /w screws and all shiny and ready to go , cost .0$ 0 cents , and they shipped it on their dime , all I said was I was having troubles with it , so they fixed it for me , no bs warrenty, good as gold.

Awsar
09-03-2012, 10:26 PM
First let me say thank you all for making me laugh today.:)
second i havent been able to break my dillon in 17 yrs of use it just keeps going
-maybe we should look into a group buy for the glue . sorry had to do it :)

ROCKET
09-08-2012, 11:46 PM
My experience with Dillon was always first class. Dillon will always get my business. Enough said....

WilliamDahl
09-09-2012, 04:50 AM
Well, they could have told the OP to ship the item back to them and they will install the screws for him. He might then look at the cost to ship it vs going up to the hardware store, buying the screws, and installing them himself and decided that he really didn't need the warranty this time. That's the way it is with a lot of warranties -- if you are even slightly competent with tools, you can fix it yourself quicker, easier, and cheaper than sending it in for a warranty repair. I had that happen with my powder measure at one time, so I called Dillon. My question for them was what was the proper glue to use, NOT if they would give me a new one. I seem to remember that they said that they used a locktite glue.

Now, doing a quick web search, I came up with this answer that Dillon posted on their web site:

We used a loctite product called Black Max to glue these in place. First, use acetone to clean the inside metal ring where the tube goes. Apply two large drops of glue, either Black max or a good epoxy such as JB Weld, 180 degrees apart inside this ring. Press the tube in place, twist it halfway around and back to spread the glue. Secure the tube with a wrap of tape, allow to cure overnight.

Alternatively, you can drill holes through the metal ring and plastic tube, and use self-tapping sheet metal screws to secure the tube in place.

Now, what this REALLY tells me is that it doesn't matter all that much what you use, it will probably work...

Shiloh
09-09-2012, 11:31 AM
JB weld works

That would cure it for sure.

Shiloh

GRid.1569
09-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I just got a measure back from Dillon , it was sad , sad sad looking with a taped hopper and a couple loose things on the powder actuator , it came back as new with a new body , hopper /w screws and all shiny and ready to go , cost .0$ 0 cents , and they shipped it on their dime , all I said was I was having troubles with it , so they fixed it for me , no bs warrenty, good as gold.

Yup... Blue comes through... again...

azrednek
09-09-2012, 03:22 PM
what next. do you want them to drive up from AZ and tighten the black knob on the operating handle for you.

Not a bad idea!! Wonder if I could get them to mow my lawn while they are here?? If I spent more time doing my chores rather than at my reloading bench. My lawn would look much nicer but thanks to Dillon and some of the others. I spend to much time at my loading bench.

TXGunNut
09-09-2012, 03:56 PM
A careless mover knocked the hopper off my 550's powder measure a few years back. A few drops of Elmer's did the trick and I was back in business again. Brought it out of retirement last year and sure enough, something broke. Just like old times, part was in the mail and to me in a few days.