PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a ballistic calculator that can tell me

Lloyd Smale
05-12-2007, 03:49 PM
about what kind of velocity im getting with a 170 cast flat nose lyman .30 in a 308 with 21 grains of wc820 std primer.

leftiye
05-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Lloyd, I think the call them chronographs.:kidding: (I was looking for an excuse to use that.)

Bass Ackward
05-12-2007, 06:11 PM
1800-1900 Lloyd depending on a lot. That was with a 22 barrel.

Lloyd Smale
05-12-2007, 06:43 PM
to lazy to break it out! Thanks for the help again bass thats about what i figured and was shooting for. ITs in a 20 inch cetme and it was the lightest load that made i function properly everytime

Hunter
05-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Keep in mind that loading data and external ballistic programs will only give you a good idea of velocities.
If you have a chronograph handy I believe that would be your best bet.

Idaho Sharpshooter
05-18-2007, 12:17 AM
what sort of groups are you getting? I may have to buy some of that stuff for mine.
Just had the UPS man drop off 2 kegs each of WCC844 and 846 and 7383...no powder buys for awhile unless I move something.

Rich
DRSS

Lloyd Smale
05-18-2007, 03:49 AM
guys with the back problems little things that are a bother like setting up a chrono are a major deal to me right now. Ive know its the only proper way to do it and i dont usually put to much trust in other peoples load data but im kind of stuck between a rock and hard place right now. Rick i dont know what kind of groups that load willl shoot again because making it to the range right now is a major undertaking and when i do get there i am just there blasting beer cans to relive some stress. when im healed up ill get serious with this deal. IVe been layed up for about 3 months now and in that time have picked up about a half a dozen new guns so the load developement is really backed up right now so youll have to excuse me this time for looking like an amature looking for free loading advice.

felix
05-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Don't feel ashamed, Lloyd, for looking like a babe in the woods. Sooner or later we all will be asking for advice on subjects we thought we knew at one time. It's natural for our priorities to change. ... felix