PDA

View Full Version : Like I said before!

oldgeezershooter
08-14-2012, 11:18 PM
What's going on?
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-national-weather-service-is-shopping-for-46000-rounds-of-ammunition-2012-8

WILCO
08-14-2012, 11:31 PM
They're pulling out all the stops for the big party.

abqcaster
08-15-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/post/national-weather-service-ammunition-solicitation-triggers-confusion/2012/08/14/3dc6b67e-e62a-11e1-936a-b801f1abab19_blog.html

It was a clerical error. The request was for fisheries enforcement.

shooter93
08-15-2012, 06:04 PM
The Mexican drug cartels have full autos and we didn't ship enough ammo down with the guns.

gray wolf
08-15-2012, 06:46 PM
And to add to that I read that NOAA --the weather people just put in an order for ammo, AND, the social security admin. W T F
DHS just added a little more, and the part of the documents are blacked out as to the amount.
Keep em dry and lightly oiled folks.

geargnasher
08-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Looks like they're skeered of somebody. ;)

They should be.

Gear

GREENCOUNTYPETE
08-16-2012, 11:36 AM
first thought is people that have never purchased ammo for people who shoot it for free have no idea how much ammo you go thru when it is "FREE"

46,000/500=92 so that isn't ammo for many agents

last presidential election season departments were having their orders back ordered 6 months so they would increase their orders even more , i figure part of this is heading it off while they can still get it and stocking up before the frenzy starts getting too bad.

but the conspiracy theorist in me has been wondering , i was talking with a cop a while back he said they are not allowed to leave the office without their vest on , they can wear it under or over but they must wear it at all times
then i noticed the dnr warden running a kids program was wearing his vest under his shirt , small town cops wearing them , makes me think that they got a reality check that the world isn't as safe as our leaders would have us believe.

gsdelong
08-17-2012, 06:08 AM
If you live in a small town and talk to local law enforcement you will find that the have been getting all kinds of "cool" gifts from both the Feds and several military sources. I have seen full auto weapons, 3rd generation night vision, infrared designators and armored vehicles so far. Oh and almost as scary a bunch of cheap keltek 9mm autos

Bret4207
08-17-2012, 07:45 AM
first thought is people that have never purchased ammo for people who shoot it for free have no idea how much ammo you go thru when it is "FREE"

46,000/500=92 so that isn't ammo for many agents

last presidential election season departments were having their orders back ordered 6 months so they would increase their orders even more , i figure part of this is heading it off while they can still get it and stocking up before the frenzy starts getting too bad.

but the conspiracy theorist in me has been wondering , i was talking with a cop a while back he said they are not allowed to leave the office without their vest on , they can wear it under or over but they must wear it at all times
then i noticed the dnr warden running a kids program was wearing his vest under his shirt , small town cops wearing them , makes me think that they got a reality check that the world isn't as safe as our leaders would have us believe.

I wouldn't worry too much about the vests. It's a liability thing as much as anything else. Vests have shown them selves to be great trauma blockers in car accidents, which is where most cops get hurt seriously.

WILCO
08-17-2012, 12:34 PM
AND, the social security admin.

http://rt.com/usa/news/administration-rounds-hollow-point-768/

"The administration is on the lookout for the most affordable lot of 174,000 .357 Duty Carry Sig 125 grain bonded JHP hollow point bullet ammunition"

MtGun44
08-17-2012, 10:42 PM
If you look at the number of shooters and figure 50 rds each qualifying session, not too
much.

My biggest question is why do NOAA and SS admin have ANY armed officers at all???
Does not seem reasonable.

Bill

41 mag fan
08-18-2012, 08:28 AM
They're scared that the violence of the middle east will spill over to here. Or they're getting ready for the great gun grab.

BD
08-18-2012, 03:31 PM
This has to be some kind of top down ordering decision. According to the local news this week they even ordered 80,000 for the NOAA station off the coast of Maine. It's an unmanned station.
BD

Duckiller
08-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Bill every Department has people who carry guns. If you don't you aren't a very important department. At one time there were three different kinds of cops under the LA Co Board of Supervisors, Sheriff, Marshals and County Police. They are all merged now , but lost of school boards have their own police force. You don't want to know how many elected and appointed officials have body guards. Most have different titles that don't sound threatening but they are all armed body guards. Maybe if we got rid of body guards for elected official California would become a "shall issue" instead of a"may Issue state". As far as NOAA getting ammo, I just thought it was meteorologists preparing to defend themselves for their bad forecasts.