PDA

View Full Version : Help identify a target aperture sight

Naphtali
08-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Please identify an adjustable aperture target sight that mounts on a receiver (flat surface OR rounded) - and there is no "L" shape that projects vertically along either side of the receiver. Precision, repeatable adjustments can be click or vernier. But the usual "L" shaped Redfield, Lyman, Olympic styled sight assemblies are not what I seek. M1/M14 National Match sight assemblies would be acceptable were I able to figure out how to mount. Length of sight assembly's base is not critical - that is, I have room to futz around.

danski26
08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
A picture would be worth a thousand words here.

Wayne Smith
08-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Are you talking sight or sight base?

wildwilly
08-12-2012, 02:46 PM
You are most likely to find something like a Parker Hale receiver sight for the #4 Enfields, or a diopter sight that was common on the target Swedish Mausers.

Naphtali
08-12-2012, 02:52 PM
You are most likely to find something like a Parker Hale receiver sight for the #4 Enfields, or a diopter sight that was common on the target Swedish Mausers.

Neither the Enfield sight nor diopter sight had I considered. Thank you; I'm on it. If I have trouble finding out what a "diopter" sight is, I'll ask.

wildwilly
08-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Neither the Enfield sight nor diopter sight had I considered. Thank you; I'm on it. If I have trouble finding out what a "diopter" sight is, I'll ask.

Perhaps this site might help: www.targetriflesa.com

My mistake. This site is dedicated to air rifles. Sinclair International used to catalogue target receiver sights (similar to what you may be seeking) that were made in Australia...sort of pricey.

Blacksmith
08-13-2012, 03:18 AM
How about the Williams Gunsight Co. maybe something in their WGRS serries?
http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/pdf/2012_Catalog.pdf