PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a Lyman 450 on e-pay

mongo
08-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Finally did it. An older 450. Still have to tumble lube 45, 357 and 41 as I have the Lee tumble groove molds, Buy can use home made lube on my 44, 40, 9mm, Been castin a little over a year now, I feel like a kid on Christmas...LOL.. Now to read all the lube recipes. Now I just hope a little cleaning gets it up and lubing, Seller claims they didnt know how it worked, Was sellin 3 others and a bunch of old reloading equipt.:guntootsmiley:

Hardcast416taylor
08-12-2012, 10:41 AM
There are more than a few ways to remove the lube in the lube sizer. There is the hot water soak method, the apply heat to the sizer method, the work the pressure wrench with the sizer die removed method or just use it up method. Go on the Lyman web site for a schematic of the luber. Are all parts on the sizer to allow you to use it? You should be able to use your pan lube you already have. Melt it as usual then pour it into the reservoir of the luber, let it cool for several hours and start sizing and lubing.Robert

km101
08-16-2012, 05:13 PM
If you need parts, here is the Lyman website for 450 parts. I have used it a couple of times. They ship promptly and their shipping costs are reasonable. And this is about the only place I have found that you can get the replacement o-rings of various sizes to fit the 450.
Good luck and Good Casting!