PDA

View Full Version : Ballisti-Cast Moulds

mtgrs737
08-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Hi guys,

I am thinking about buying a #668 FB 4 cavity mould from Ballisti-cast as I have been unable to find a H&G 68 FB mould in the years I have been looking for one. I have a MiHec brass mould but the nose radius is not quite right and I like steel/lron moulds. My question is: How do they compare with the original H&G moulds? I have some other H&G moulds and I really like the way they drop boolits right out of the moulds and how round they are. Let me know what You guys have experianced as these moulds are quite expensive and I don't want to get one if they are not up to speed. I plan on sizing to .452" and would be casting with WW alloy.

Thanks!

Mtgrs

ChuckS1
08-12-2012, 07:03 AM
I have a 2 cavity flat base #668 and genuine H&G #34 and #130. As good as the real deal, performance-wise. Beats any of my other non-H&G molds, hands down. Might cost a little more, but worth it. You won't regret the purchase, believe me.

paul h
08-12-2012, 07:54 PM
While I don't have a BC #668 (it's on my list) I have had several BC molds and consider them the finest molds made. It really is an H&G mold, it's just the H&G name wasn't sold with the tooling to produce the molds (as far as I know).

NoZombies
08-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Ballisticast molds that I own compare favorably with the H&G molds that I own.

I guess you'll have to ask again in 50 or 60 years if they held up as well... ;)

Don Purcell
08-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Have molds in Keith 250 gr. 44 cal. and 260 gr. .45 cal. and they are great. You won't be dissapointed.

crabo
08-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I have both and have no complaints except the 6 cavity molds get heavy! I had a friend tell me when I started casting, that he could be about as productive with the 4 cavity as a 6 cavity due to the weight. I thought he was wrong, but I now know why he said it.

You will not be disapointed.

ballisti-cast
08-13-2012, 09:33 AM
You need a system of mold guides set up to run 6, 8, and 10 cavity molds efficiently so you don't actually have to support the mold yourself. I have several customers that can do1500 bullets in half an hour with an 8 cavity mold, but those guys are either built like bears or use mold guides.