PDA

View Full Version : Browning Hi-Power trigger

uccm25
08-10-2012, 08:07 PM
I recently purchased a BHP 9mm after years of wanting one, guess I'm just a John Browning fan having owned 1911s for many years, but the trigger pull is so stout I can hardly set it off. Breaking my rt. index finger a couple months ago hasn't helped, but I have no problem with my 1911s. I see that MidwayUSA sells a Cyl. and Slide replacement trigger(which also eliminates the mag. disconnector) and 2.5# reduction spring kit. Any of you guys have any experience with these products, or any other products or services which will ease up my trigger pull? Please advise...

Guy

RKJ
08-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I recently purchased a BHP 9mm after years of wanting one, guess I'm just a John Browning fan having owned 1911s for many years, but the trigger pull is so stout I can hardly set it off. Breaking my rt. index finger a couple months ago hasn't helped, but I have no problem with my 1911s. I see that MidwayUSA sells a Cyl. and Slide replacement trigger(which also eliminates the mag. disconnector) and 2.5# reduction spring kit. Any of you guys have any experience with these products, or any other products or services which will ease up my trigger pull? Please advise...

Guy

uccm25, I don't have any experience with these parts but the guys at www.1911forum.com have a BHP sub-forum and a lot of them speak highly of Cylinder & Slide parts. I'm just a member there and don't even have a BHP but have been doing some homework as I want one.

Wal'
08-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I fitted a spring kit to my BHP many years back & I now I take the action for granted, cant even remember the brand, but it works well, my favorite target pistol, never fails me.

historicfirearms
08-11-2012, 12:34 PM
I would just take the mag safety out of yours first before buying parts. See how you like it, should take a lot of the gritty uptake travel out. Just do a google search if you are not sure which parts to remove. One other trick if you don't want to remove the mag safety is to polish the contact area on your magazines where the mag safety rubs, this will help smooth things up a bit while leaving the pistol in its original configuration. I love my bhp but don't think you can ever get the trigger as nice as a good 1911 trigger.

seagiant
08-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi,
I take out the mag safety first thing! It's useless,and doesnot help the trigger pull. The REAL safety is between your ears!

The after market C&S Wide trigger does nothing to give you a better trigger pull excepy it does not accept the mag safety. For a REAL trigger job on a BHP you need either to have the right jigs and know how to use them or a gunsmith that does!

The BHP trigger can actually be tuned pretty nice but the reset length will always be long compared to a 1911!

MtGun44
08-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Send to Bill Laughridge at Cyl and Slide, he'll fix it. If it is that bad, it
needs an expert. I can do it, but am not in the business.

Bill

uccm25
08-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Hey- Thanks guys for all the good advice. Will probably try removing the mag safety first, then maybe getting in contact with someone who knows what they're doing.

Guy