PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

square butte
08-10-2012, 02:18 PM
For those who are so inclined - I would like to request prayer for my 91 year old mother who seems to be slipping toward her end. Also for my 62 year old brother who is mentally ill and will be terribly affected when she goes. And for my Dearest wife who is with my mother and taking care of her. My wife has done so much for my mother and brother that - if I had another 5 lifetimes to repay her, it simply would not be enough. Thanks in advance for your prayers

rockrat
08-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Prayers up for your mom and the rest of the family. Pray that as she slips these earthly bonds, that her passing is gentle.

smoked turkey
08-10-2012, 02:31 PM
I am glad to note that your mom has lived a long and I am sure a productive life. I am also sure she has brought you and the family so many good memories down through the years. I also know from experience that no matter how long we have had them we are never ready for this time. I have prayed for you, your wonderful giving loving wife and your brother. It will be a hard time for sure but with God's help you all will make it.

44man
08-10-2012, 04:13 PM
No need to ask me at all. Prayers are there with no response from me but you know that. I am with you. God bless you all.

gray wolf
08-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Your request has been made,
A prayer for your Mom, brother, your wife and family.

Bad Water Bill
08-10-2012, 07:33 PM
My mom passed at 95 in her sleep. I pray that yours is as fortunate.

Please give your wife a BIG hug from this dirty OLD man for being such a caring person. It truly takes a special type to do what she is doing.

A nurse reminded me that my mom could be waiting for my permission to leave this life. She had been hanging on for weeks.

My kids , myself and my sister stood at moms bedside and thanked her for the wonderful things she had done for us but now she should think about herself and join dad as it was OK with all of us.

Mom was gone in just a couple of hours.

Cherish those wonderful memories and the pain of your loss will be less

blackthorn
08-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Done! There are no words to fix this kind of problem but know that our thoughts are with you and yours.

429421Cowboy
08-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Our prayers are with your whole family, cherish the good times and know that He looks after all of us in this life and the next.
Cowboy

square butte
08-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Thank you everyone for all your prayers and kind words. My Mom passed last night just after midnight with my wife at her side. She was my Mom's gaurdian Angel on earth - and mine as well. I beleive she made Mom's last two weeks a joy to her - And for that I am eternally greatfull. Mom served as a Navy wave during WW II - And although she played just a small part - she was proud of her service, as are we. One again, Thank you. Now the prayers are for the living. Now the work begins.

gray wolf
08-13-2012, 10:29 AM
My sincere condolences for the loss of your Mom.
I can't add much to what our other fine members have said, however please know I share there feelings and pray the Lord gives you the wisdom and guidance to see you and your family through this crises.

Sam in Maine

abqcaster
08-13-2012, 03:15 PM
My condolences. I'll be praying for you and yours today.

MathGuy
08-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Will be praying for you & your family for a sense of peace that only our Lord & Savior
can provide. We as mere mortals are incapable of providing this peace. We can
however ask for this peace on your behalf.

missionary5155
08-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Will be praying for you and the family. Only God can fill that void and give each of you peace.
Mike in ILL.

jmsj
08-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.
You are definitely blessed to have such a strong and loving wife
My family will pray for strength and grace for yours.
May God Bless, jmsj

Bret4207
08-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Thoughts and prayers to you all.

square butte
08-20-2012, 09:30 AM
My Wife and I are home and were able to spend the night in our own bed for the first time in a week. We gave my Mom a wonderful send off on Friday with all friends and many loved ones present - And it was good for us all. Going to catch our breaths for a week or so - then go back out and start dealing with some of the work, as we are able. Gonna be a big job. Thanks so much for all the kind words and Prayers.