PDA

View Full Version : Old man and a mean deer

Roosters
08-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Here is a pretty good story about a old man and a mean deer. And it backs up the story about don’t pick a fight with a old man he’ll just shoot you. :holysheep Not long till deer season .
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/242490/group/homepage/

Roosters
08-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Looks like this might be posted in the wrong place??

wallenba
08-09-2012, 08:34 PM
There was a man here in Michigan some years ago, licensed by the DNR to keep deer. He had a buck that by all observation over time was docile. One fall day he entered the pen for some reason and was attacked. A tine was thrust into his thigh near the femeral artery. He lived, but it was close.

fatnhappy
08-09-2012, 10:20 PM
There was a man here in Michigan some years ago, licensed by the DNR to keep deer. He had a buck that by all observation over time was docile. One fall day he entered the pen for some reason and was attacked. A tine was thrust into his thigh near the femeral artery. He lived, but it was close.

My cousin nearly died the same way. The idiot helped "rehabilitate" injured wildlife. He entered the pen of a 6 pointer he and his wife were 'helping." The little guy gored him in the guts.

Moral of the story: An injured deer should have its wounds wrapped in reynolds freezer paper.

Fishman
08-09-2012, 11:11 PM
"Moral of the story: An injured deer should have its wounds wrapped in reynolds freezer paper."

I will have to remember that one!

firefly1957
08-10-2012, 12:54 AM
I worry about any wildlife that does not fear me even a squirrel can inflict some serious damage and then there is the possibility of disease.

Roosters
08-10-2012, 07:53 AM
An injured deer should have its wounds wrapped in reynolds freezer paper.

fatnhappy that was a good one

I worry about any wildlife that does not fear me even a squirrel can inflict some serious damage and then there is the possibility of disease.

That’s true firefly. I was surprised they found nothing major with the deer.
I liked what the old man said when asked what if another deer come to pick a fight “I wont wait three days to get my rifle”