PDA

View Full Version : C. Sharps pepper box

Boz330
08-08-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure why I need one but picked this one up on Gunbroker. Small 22 derringers just intrigue the devil out of me. And the Sharps has been one of my favorites since the 60' Series Yancy Derringer. Finally found one I could afford and jumped on it. Just need to pick up some 22 shorts to try it out. Probably stay with CB shorts, just to be safe.

Bob

Marvin S
08-10-2012, 06:06 PM
I've bid on a few of them in the past. Like you I have a desire to own one. Let us know how it shoots.

Shooter
08-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Yancy was cool. Now, I think I would go with the armament of "The Wolf Who Stands in Water".

Dan Cash
08-10-2012, 08:12 PM
BB Shorts!!! The Short for which this pistol was chambered was a black powder cartridge. A smokeless .22 short will likely burst the gun. CB Shorts are too hot in my opinion. I have one like yours and it is a slick little popguin but don't want to stress it.

Boz330
08-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Dan, that was my thinking as well, so I shot it with some CCI CB shorts. They are 27gr at 710 fps. That was the lightest things I could find.
Hammer spring is very weak but haven't found any replacement available yet. I may have to try and make one, which I have never done before.

This fired me up so much I got a complete set of the Yancy Derringer series. I loved that series when I was a kid.:bigsmyl2: It will be interesting to see if it is as good as I thought it was back then. Should be here today.

Bob