PDA

View Full Version : Ruger II Competition Target

crossdraw
08-08-2012, 04:10 PM
A friend came up from another state and had a Ruger II Competition Target pistol. My wife fell in love with it. (Great for me - just another excuse to purshase another pistol.)

Within two weeks, I found a person that had a new one he had purchased for his 8 year old son. The son couldn't handle the weight, so I traded a Smith & Wesson 22A. Excellent trade for each of us.

The Ruger II Competition Target is truely an awesome pistol right out of the box. My friend had a red dot on his but I can't do it. This thing shoots like a champ without optics. If I do my part, 1/2 inch 10-shot strings. Not all the time, but if I do everything right.

The only problem with this gun, it keeping enough 22lr in stock. In other chats, I heard that some of these guns are selctive on ammunition but I haven't found bad ammo yet (not bad ammo but something the gun doesn't like as much as another). Might have to adjust the sights with different ammo and bullet weights but it hasn't malfunctioned yet. (Approx. 1800 rounds in the past 3 months, Fed, CCI, Win. and others.)

The thumb rest does take a little getting used to but it works.

By the way, wifey has not shot it yet.. Boy, I like her gun!http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_248955022c7a819119.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=6178)

**oneshot**
08-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Great choice! My wife just picked up a 22/45lite and can't be happier.

Plate plinker
08-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Well you do need to break it in for her. Probably 5000 rounds at a minimum. :kidding:

BD
08-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I had the opportunity to shoot a new 22/45 lite last week and I have to say I loved it. Much closer to the feel of a 1911 than my older 5" bull barrel 22/45, much lighter and real 1911 grip panels!
BD

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
08-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Crossdraw,

The firearm pictured is what is known as a, "Slabside".

I have one and it is mounted with a 2X Leupold on which the paralax has been set to 25yds.

WOW does it ever shoot well.

Seems as it's favorite ammo is Wolf Match Extra as I recall.

Just a nice ragged hole with 10 shots at 25yds.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot