PDA

View Full Version : First Ingots!!

Gliden07
08-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Well a couple days ago I posted that I had accumulated about 80lbs of WWs enough to do my first smelt! After sorting weights, melting, pulling out clips and fluxing with saw dust I ended up with about 50 lbs of good Boolit ingots!!

I must say as with anything new I was a little worried how things would go, but thanks to people on this site and my research everything went off without a hitch!! Learned a lot as Smelt went along like,how long I had to wait before I could dump mold how much lead I should put in laddle etc... But other than that things went GREAT!! In the next few days I will be casting and sizing my first batch of Boolits!!

I had a lot of fun doing this and now just need more WW!! LOL!! Looking forward to casting the Boolits now. Need a few small houshold things but that wont be a big deal!!

Again to everyone that sent advice on my Newb posts thanks!! I'm sure I'm gonna have more questions!!:cbpour:

lwknight
08-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Its addictive.
Wives will either love it or hate it except for a rare few that are indifferent.

Defcon-One
08-08-2012, 07:50 PM
....now just need more WW!!.....

That quote is the number one proof that the ADDICTION has taken hold.

I said it at 50 lbs., then again at 100 lbs., then at 500, now at over 1,000 and I enjoy it so much that I may never stop. I consider the growing pile of lead as money in the bank, or future bullets. Whichever I need at the time.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

DC-1

Gliden07
08-08-2012, 08:07 PM
That quote is the number one proof that the ADDICTION has taken hold.

I said it at 50 lbs., then again at 100 lbs., then at 500, now at over 1,000 and I enjoy it so much that I may never stop. I consider the growing pile of lead as money in the bank, or future bullets. Whichever I need at the time.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

DC-1

I have to admit once I got going I had a lot of fun. I will do a couple things differant next time though. I would move it away from the house so there was more ventilation (smoke gave me a headache) and would consider a resperator for the same reason!

canyon-ghost
08-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Drop your clothes in the washer with some dishwashing detergent. It's high phosphate and washs out the lead. Cycle 'em through twice though, it's a bit slimy using Dishwasher detergent.

Good Luck,
Ron