PDA

View Full Version : New Gun Belt

saz
08-08-2012, 12:34 PM
A few days ago, I received my first dedicated gunbelt. I used to use just whatever heavier leather belt I had on hand, until a friend of mine talked me into trying an actual dedicated belt. What a night and day difference. The belt came from a gentleman named Jerry Bissell. He is a class act. $55 shipped to your door, the belt is worth twice that. The construction is top notch- and exactly what I wanted. You can look him up here (http://www.jbgunbelts.com/) and he spends some time on the 1911 forum also. From when I ordered the belt to it being in my mailbox was 4 days. Yes, days not WEEKS! Great guy, great product!

Silver Jack Hammer
08-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Great post! The gun belt is seldom discussed, often overlooked and yet it is the key to carrying. All my pants are purchased only after confirming the belt loops accept my gun belt. People discuss what concealed carry pistol to purchase -the answer get a good belt and carry a full sized pistol! The full sized pistol can easily be carried if the gun belt will support it. I use Pro-Line Leather by Greg Kramer and your Jerry Bissell looks like similar quality for half the price.

Moonie
08-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I also decided to use Jerry Bissell for my gun belt purchase. I have not made the purchase yet as I've had other priorities as of late but I plan to very soon.

I've heard nothing but good about his belts from different forums dedicated to handgun carry, both concealed and open.

Longwood
08-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I just bought a 1 1/2" Fancy Stitch dress belt by DeSantis.
I do not wear a holster, just wanted a really nice belt.
Super nice belt, I should have bought one many years ago.
DeSantis lists it on their page for $60 but I found mine for $35. Can't recall where, Google, or window shopper, found them for me.

gray wolf
08-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Don't over look the keepers if you use two belts.

Larry in MT
08-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I just ordered a belt from Jerry after seeing yours. He's starting on it in the next few days, while I go to town and get a USPS Money Order to send him. Nice guy!

Wanted to say "Thank You" for the tip!!

saz
08-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Larry,
No problem. I like to spread the word about class act guys out there like Jerry. He deserves it.Good to know you are ordering one from him now. I think I will be ordering another one in brown or Tan sometime in the future also. They are worth it even if you are just looking for a good belt to wear around by itself to hold your pants up.

And you are right Silver Jack Hammer, the belt is often overlooked. I carried my full size 1911 around all day and I forgot it was there until I sat down in a hard chair and got the "clunk". It is an amazing piece of leather.

frankenfab
08-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Is the belt Jerry makes contoured, or is it straight?

canyon-ghost
08-08-2012, 08:53 PM
I'll try for one too. Looks like some good American work going on there.

Ron

Mal Paso
08-08-2012, 09:18 PM
If you wear a full size gun, the belt is more important than the holster. It distributes the weight and keeps the gun solid. That's a very reasonable price for a good belt.

saz
08-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Is the belt Jerry makes contoured, or is it straight?

Not really sure what you mean?

But FWIW it is breaking in very well.

Larry in MT
08-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Larry,
No problem. I like to spread the word about class act guys out there like Jerry. He deserves it.Good to know you are ordering one from him now. I think I will be ordering another one in brown or Tan sometime in the future also. They are worth it even if you are just looking for a good belt to wear around by itself to hold your pants up.

And you are right Silver Jack Hammer, the belt is often overlooked. I carried my full size 1911 around all day and I forgot it was there until I sat down in a hard chair and got the "clunk". It is an amazing piece of leather.

He seems like a very pleasant fellow and I enjoyed visiting with him. Said he was busy, getting lots of orders. He was nice enough to return E-Mail me, saying he received my E Mail order and that I covered all the bases. Nice to feel good about a purchase.

Around here, I'd have to pay $55 (or more) in a Western wear store for not near that much belt: and I have.

saz
08-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah, you cant beat it. He is a heck of a nice guy to boot. I am still really excited about it.

DanWalker
08-10-2012, 09:09 AM
NICE belt amigo! What holster is your sixgun in? Me likey!

canyon-ghost
08-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Just got my belt in. I picked it up at the Post Office this morning on the way to work. At lunch break, I opened the envelope and looked it over. Very nice, really good workmanship!

I showed the belt to the supervisor where I work. I even gave him the business card. He was sure he wanted a belt like that.

Guys, these are some great belts at a good price. If you miss out, I'd be sorry for you. Real good work, really great product.

Ron

Larry in MT
08-15-2012, 11:42 AM
My "Jerry" belt came yesterday. Excellent quality and service. Very heavy duty!! I highly recommend Jerry!!

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab176/larrykay47/4c9a2753.jpg

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab176/larrykay47/204ae75f.jpg

saz
08-16-2012, 02:18 AM
NICE belt amigo! What holster is your sixgun in? Me likey!

That is a Simply Rugged "Loaded Pancake". http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Loaded-Pancake.cfm?item_id=162&parent=669

That holster is 6 years old and gets used a lot. It wears like iron and is very comfortable.
It sits crossdraw perfectly.

27judge
08-20-2012, 06:15 PM
I ordered a new gunbelt from jerry today. Wow real nice guy and will have the belt in 7-10 days.Real nice guy to do buss with and very little turn around time . tks for your time ken

Larry in MT
08-21-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm sure you'll enjoy using it. I've worn mine most every day since I got it. I'm thinking of ordering another ---

I don't need another right now, but every time I run into a good value like this, they either stop making them or change something.

Couldn't stand it. Ordered another in Mahogany.

scb
11-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I found this thread last week. Last Saturday night (late) I placed an order for one. Sunday morning I got an order confirmation. Sunday night I got a shipping notice with a tracking number. It arrived in the mail Wednesday. Excellent quality. Best belt I've owned. I highly recommend Jerry and his product.

dilly
09-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I am very curious about these belts. My number one concern is longevity as I have been burning through belts since I have started carrying. Since you have all had your belts for about a year I was wondering how they are holding up, especially to heavy use?

Piedmont
09-21-2013, 12:44 AM
dilly, The Bissell belts are amazingly sturdy. I can't imagine wearing one out. I have one but don't wear it much because I don't carry a gun on my belt often. Jerry Bissell retired, but his nephew took over the business and hopefully the quality will be the same. I can't comment on that from experience. Here is the nephew's website.
www.armourbelts.com

scb
09-21-2013, 09:18 AM
I've been wearing mine everyday since I got it with no sign of wear or fatigue.

saz
09-24-2013, 06:18 PM
I wear mine quite regularly with no sign of wear. It is an amazing piece of american craftsmanship!