PDA

View Full Version : I now know the problem

44man
08-08-2012, 09:10 AM
It was about primers and a comment I made about shooting factory cast .44 mag loads. After shooting I said these have mag primers and was told no to the point I was yelled at. I pulled down a round.
It got heated so I went right to the manufacturer and was told yes, CCI 350 primers.
My next statement was Fed uses a 150 primer in the .44 and was told no, I don't know what I am taking about. I went to Fed and the nice lady said she went through records and they never used a mag primer.
I made a statement that if you load 10 rounds with 296, all the same but with 5 of each primer that after shooting I will tell you which had the mag primers.
The primer I pulled was yellow and all the CCI 300 primers my friends and I have are orange or a darker yellow. I contacted 5 to see what color their primers were. Of course more trouble.
Facts direct from the manufacturers.
I still had the pull down and primer so I made a test. I flared the same case to seat a boolit and first shot the CCI 300 without powder. Then I shot the YELLOW one I put back in the case. There is about 3/16" more the boolit was driven into the barrel. I repeated with Fed 150 and 155 primers and there was always a difference from 1/8" to 3/16" in boolit depth. I got tired of banging boolits out of the bore.
Pictures to show. CCI 300's and 350 from pulled load.
Rod dropped on boolit from each primer.

mold maker
08-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Ignore the naysayers. You've proved to yourself what was real. Let those that argue, continue life in their ignorance.
The mag primers were determined many years ago to give more consistent powder burn, and thus more consistent POI.
I've been shooting them that way ( mag primers) for over 40 years.

bigboredad
08-08-2012, 09:37 AM
No I don't believe you do not what the problem is and at your age if someone has to tell you what the problem is it wouldn't help. No I don't know you and you don't know me. i get pretty mad these days. Having a incurable disease that will end up making me so I have know use of any limb and not even able to breathe on my own and have to takes meds each month that has 1 to 100 chance to kill me kind of does that to me. I will not make a post when I'm mad cause I know it will get me kicked off. You have turned your back on me laughed at me and even called me a wimp. Maybe you should dig up some past posts and re read them.

You have a great amount of knowledge about a lot of things that can help people. But when you come one here whining and crying trying to make some one else look bad. Then don't be surprised when you don't get the sympathy you want.

I do have a good friend on here who has taught me more than any single one person has about guns powder primers and cast bullets. My point is you don't know everything and you don't know how to treat people. Any more your posts are just entertainment and make me laugh but if my dad acted like you I would be on his case faster than a New York minute. Call me want you want laugh at me I don't care as I said you are just entertainment to me now

44man
08-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Then it was powder so I went direct to Hodgdon and Alliant to get facts. I do not believe in making stuff up or believing a gun writer and will never quote one. I also went to IMR long ago when they were Dupont.
I do the search direct but some act like children if facts dispute them.
I have had my ears blown out on the phone.
You here need truth, not some made up stuff.
I have been accused of knowing it all but no, it is not true, none of us ever will. You need to understand that those that make what we use will answer all questions and you can go to them.
It is always who you trust. ME, not hardly, I will never stop learning. Someone else that quotes a gun writer---What can I say? How about the actual factory? Those are your true friends.

bigboredad
08-08-2012, 09:48 AM
WOW really?

44man
08-08-2012, 10:19 AM
No I don't believe you do not what the problem is and at your age if someone has to tell you what the problem is it wouldn't help. No I don't know you and you don't know me. i get pretty mad these days. Having a incurable disease that will end up making me so I have know use of any limb and not even able to breathe on my own and have to takes meds each month that has 1 to 100 chance to kill me kind of does that to me. I will not make a post when I'm mad cause I know it will get me kicked off. You have turned your back on me laughed at me and even called me a wimp. Maybe you should dig up some past posts and re read them.

You have a great amount of knowledge about a lot of things that can help people. But when you come one here whining and crying trying to make some one else look bad. Then don't be surprised when you don't get the sympathy you want.

I do have a good friend on here who has taught me more than any single one person has about guns powder primers and cast bullets. My point is you don't know everything and you don't know how to treat people. Any more your posts are just entertainment and make me laugh but if my dad acted like you I would be on his case faster than a New York minute. Call me want you want laugh at me I don't care as I said you are just entertainment to me now
Yes I know the problem. I was called but I will not say who. I had to hang up after a while, my ears hurt and the phone almost broke. It WAS the primers. I found facts that disputed right from the factories.
I treat people wrong when I tell the truth after research because they can't handle it. I never get angry but will fight when truth trumps being stupid.
You are free to choose. You are free to research, you do not have to believe me because I still will never know all answers.
You understand that we have a dangerous hobby. We also have one to make a gun shoot best.
I will say what I find and back it up as best I can. But you can choose to believe a quote from a gun rag instead.
But let me tell you something about how I really feel about you. You give me great pain with medical problems, SOB, you REALLY do hurt me! I am with you and will pray and want everyone else here to join me. I want you to get better and keep jumping on me, Damn, sorry, I really am crying. Please get better my friend. Fight me tooth and nail if it will help.

gray wolf
08-08-2012, 01:12 PM
What in theee Helll is going on here.
Is this a private dispute ?

dmize
08-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Looks like SSDD to me.

Tom-ADC
08-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Not worth is.

slide
08-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I am not a long time member ,but, since I have been here it seems as this sort of stuff is becoming more and more prevelant. We are supposed to be here to help each other and enjoy each others company. Kinda makes you sick don't it. maybe it is the heat.

waksupi
08-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I would just as soon see this carried out in PM's.

ShooterAZ
08-08-2012, 03:49 PM
I am not a long time member ,but, since I have been here it seems as this sort of stuff is becoming more and more prevelant.

+1, Not sure what the deal is. Saw another one the other day between two very knowledgeable individuals regarding quality of molds.

swheeler
08-08-2012, 04:00 PM

I'll second that.

44man
08-08-2012, 04:04 PM
I am not a long time member ,but, since I have been here it seems as this sort of stuff is becoming more and more prevelant. We are supposed to be here to help each other and enjoy each others company. Kinda makes you sick don't it. maybe it is the heat.
Not so! Stop and read. My friend Bigboredad has medical problems.
Sorry if you ignore it. That is not right.
We have no dispute at all, he feels bad, damn it will you listen? I do not care what he says, I fear for him.
It took a while until I seen but now am sorry for anything I said to him that might sound out of sorts.
Will you all forget and join support for a good man?
I just lost a friend and do not want to lose another.

TCTex
08-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Not wanting to be a hypocrite, I am going to say I apologize for my previous banter on this wonderful sight.

What I do want to say is that it is the reason I nearly left and all but stop posting. The book of James is right, no one can tame the tongue and I am as guilty as anyone... LOL

Duane

Bret4207
08-08-2012, 04:37 PM

The motion is made, seconded and carried.

TCTex
08-08-2012, 05:05 PM
If we are going by Roberts Rules, you forgot the "Question."

:kidding:

LOL

Duane