PDA

View Full Version : Wipe Out Bore Cleaner

Blue2
08-08-2012, 08:13 AM
I am really fond of this product for copper fouling removal. A useful tip is to take a fired case from the rifle that you wish to clean and deprime it. Open up the flashhole to a size just allowing the small red staw that comes with the Wipe Out Foam and then insert the case and the staw into the rifles chamber and fill the barrel from the chamber forward with foam. The fired case seals the chamber and lets you use less product to get the job done.

smokey496
08-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Great idea! I'm going to give it A try.

Doc_Stihl
08-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Can't wait to try it.

sundog
08-08-2012, 10:00 AM
+1 on Wipe Out. Great product.

C.F.Plinker
08-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I use a loose patch in the chamber and, for 30 caliber, a soda straw from the local fast food emporium at the muzzle when the sights or tubular magazines keep the funnel on the can from getting all the way to the muzzle.

buyobuyo
08-08-2012, 08:23 PM
I've been using WipeOut for a couple of years now and have no complaints. It's my preferred cleaner for my rifles.

B R Shooter
08-09-2012, 07:34 AM
If you use a proper bore guide, which should be used every time a rifle is cleaned anyway, then with the bore guide in place, just put a rag over the end of the guide, then blast the Wipe Out in from the muzzle end.

I leave it in over night for the best results on a fouled bore.

yondering
08-26-2012, 02:37 AM
I am really fond of this product for copper fouling removal. A useful tip is to take a fired case from the rifle that you wish to clean and deprime it. Open up the flashhole to a size just allowing the small red staw that comes with the Wipe Out Foam and then insert the case and the staw into the rifles chamber and fill the barrel from the chamber forward with foam. The fired case seals the chamber and lets you use less product to get the job done.

I like this tip, thanks! This is the only bore cleaner I use on my rifles anymore; I think the lack of scrubbing that rod up and down the bore is better for barrel life (and I'm lazy). My only problem with it has been the dribbling excess foam spilling out of the bore guide, on the stock and/or in the action.

Side note - this stuff does cause rust after a while, if you don't get it all out. I've gotten the bore clean, but missed what dripped into the action, and had a rusty mess later.