PDA

View Full Version : A new addition to the crowd

Goatwhiskers
08-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have me some fun. Friend of mine's dad was a reloader back in the day. Skip forward, 19 year old grandson inherited the items that were left over and wants to learn the process. Actually all there was left was a RCBS Jr., set of .45LC dies, and an old shotgun reloader. Came to me to get him rigged with a minimal set-up to get started, and the requisite lessons to make everything work. The young man went out and purchased a Uberti revolver in
.45LC. Got the missing items ordered including the missing primer arm and tray from RCBS--no charge by the way. I gave him a pound of powder and some primers, when the stuff comes in gonna have fun giving him lessons and getting another one converted. Goat :bigsmyl2:

John Guedry
08-07-2012, 05:26 PM
That's great,something you will both enjoy.

429421Cowboy
08-08-2012, 01:56 AM
I hope he appreciates it, i wish somebody would have been there to help me for my first box of reloads!

1Shirt
08-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Good for you Goat! The best way to learn to reload is from an experianced reloader. Book learning is ok, but it ignores the little things that personal contact covers. Have started a number of newbees myself.
1Shirt!

TCLouis
08-12-2012, 11:11 AM
6.1 Red Dot and 250 grain boolit oughta serve him well

RayinNH
08-12-2012, 11:24 AM
And another one bites the dust. In a good way of course.:).
+1 on the Red Dot load, my most used...Ray

Goatwhiskers
08-12-2012, 07:04 PM
All the extra stuff came in Fri to get him started. He came over today, spent 3 hours instructing and letting him load. Went out and shot them at my range, even got griped at by my son who was trying to trim my wife's horses' hooves. Guess that was a bit of fun. He's got the basics down, expect a number of phone calls after he gets a loading corner set up. Just makes me feel good to add one more to the crowd when so many are anti-2nd amendment. GW

Harter66
08-14-2012, 10:27 AM
I have a new woman in my life. She had a couple of cousins that died as a result of careless handling,AD,or maybe foul play,there's a lot of doubt. Which is not the point of my post at all.

Our 1st weekend we had family bbq and talk of shooting,guns and hunting. She says Id like come along I like camping and it sounds like y'all need a cook. The next weekend I did some loading as we past the time. 6weeks ago we went shooting , the 1st time since she was 9-10. It was a 1st for her oldest son,now 22. The 17yo not so much . After the shooting we screened the berm for an hr or so, then sorted the scrap. Last weekend all 3 went to the hunter safety class and she's pestering me about getting to pour and roll patches.

I'm glad this thread came up so I could share too.

burntpowder
08-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Enjoyed your post. Made me think. I've got 17 Grandbabies. 6 mo. to 28 years. I realize 28 years is not a baby. Have several friends I am going to work with that are older... get them reloading and shooting just like I do with my Grandchildren. Gotta keep our world sane. Thanks.

Reg
08-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Passing on the knowledge is actually the best part of our game.
Good show Goat !!