PDA

View Full Version : Respect at Olympics

oldgeezershooter
08-06-2012, 11:33 PM
You gotta like it when someone shows respect for another countries athletes and flag.
Usain Bolt, the Jamaican speedster was giving an interview when they started playing the National Anthem for an American lady who won a gold medal.
He immediately stopped talking and turned to face the flag.
Some people still have class.

MtGun44
08-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Thanks, I'll remember that. You are absolutely right - class. Never knew anything
about him before, now I think he is a good guy.

Bill

1Shirt
08-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I agree!
1shirt!:coffeecom

DCP
08-12-2012, 04:15 PM
I was watching the Bolt. I turn to the Wife and said.

"The BOLT sure is arrogant and he pulls it off quit well," :guntootsmiley:

I liked him before I read this. Now I like him even more. [smilie=w:

BOLT has class ok, and he works with Children back home. :popcorn:

He is the KING of the 100, The fastest man in the WORLD! :awesome:

Moonie
08-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I also felt this way about him, until he trashed Owens, that is inexcusable and I will NEVER respect someone that does this the way he did.

DCP
08-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Well the mouth (Bolt) just shot him self in the foot.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/track/story/usain-bolt-carl-lewis-muhammad-ali-create-controversy-no-agenda-higher-purpose-we-still-listen-081012

felix
08-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Folks are looking for leaders where and when ever they can. Most folks are sell-ees, and not buyers. Carl Marx is jumping with glee, no doubt. ... felix

Mud Eagle
08-13-2012, 03:37 PM
I like Bolt's attitude a lot.

paul h
08-13-2012, 04:49 PM
I also felt this way about him, until he trashed Owens, that is inexcusable and I will NEVER respect someone that does this the way he did.

I didn't see any comments from Usain about Jesse Owens who btw the ran in the
1936 Olympics.

Bolt did slam Carl Lewis who competed in the 1984-1996 because Lewis essentially insuated that the Jamaicans success is due to doping:

Following Bolt's performance in Beijing, Lewis told Sports Illustrated: "Countries like Jamaica do not have a random program, so they can go months without being tested. I'm not saying anyone is on anything, but everyone needs to be on a level playing field."

and to that insuation Usain said he has no respect for Lewis.

I'd agree that Lewis' comments should be kept to himself. The Jamaicans are the fastest sprinters in the world right now. Just because they are the fastest does not mean they are doping. They are tested just like everyone else at international meets.

BTW, Lewis did fail a drug test in 1988 Olympic Trials.

JeffinNZ
08-13-2012, 05:37 PM
I was really impressed at the sportmanship showed by all the rowers. Good to see.

Moonie
08-14-2012, 11:27 AM
I didn't see any comments from Usain about Jesse Owens who btw the ran in the
1936 Olympics.

Bolt did slam Carl Lewis who competed in the 1984-1996 because Lewis essentially insuated that the Jamaicans success is due to doping:

Following Bolt's performance in Beijing, Lewis told Sports Illustrated: "Countries like Jamaica do not have a random program, so they can go months without being tested. I'm not saying anyone is on anything, but everyone needs to be on a level playing field."

and to that insuation Usain said he has no respect for Lewis.

I'd agree that Lewis' comments should be kept to himself. The Jamaicans are the fastest sprinters in the world right now. Just because they are the fastest does not mean they are doping. They are tested just like everyone else at international meets.

BTW, Lewis did fail a drug test in 1988 Olympic Trials.

My bad, got the wrong runner, it was Lewis not Owens.