PDA

View Full Version : How does the Dillon guarantee work?

500MAG
08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
I have an opportunity to pick up a Dillon Square Deal and a very good price. The guy picked up a storage locker and is selling me the reloading equipment that was in it. The dillon press, from the pictures he sent me, looks like it is missing a few things. If the press itself is not working, will the dillon guarantee help me? Do you have to have the original reciept? I could pick up parts off e-bay or fellow members as they come available, just worried about the press itself.

DukeInFlorida
08-06-2012, 07:02 PM
As far as I know, Dillon will replace any parts that are damaged or broken. It wouldn't be fair to expect them to just send you missing parts.
You don't need an original receipt. Their warranty is a NO B.S. warranty.

However,

You have a couple of options:

1) Call Dillon and arrange to have the press sent back to them. They will REBUILD it to factory new, including all of the missing parts, etc..... for a reasonable fee. You'll pay the freight to get it to them, and they will pay the freight to get it to you.

or

2) Call Dillon and arrange for a "Factory Upgrade". They will receive the press from you, and charge you a fair price for the 550, 650, or whatever...... Again, you would pay the freight to them, and they would cover the freight to you on the upgraded press.

You might call them anyway to review that the options are indeed options.

I guess the option you choose would depend on what you intend to do with the press you have.

The Square Deal is a minimal press, and if it were mine, and I were going to use a Dillon press, I'd opt for the upgrade.

warpspeed
08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
For any part on that press, if it is broken - they send you a new one. no questions asked.

They have the owners manuals on line.

What is your idea of a good price ? IMHO, anything less than 80% is a good deal. Less than 75% is a smoking deal.

Kicker96fs
08-06-2012, 08:11 PM
What Duke said.

Artful
08-06-2012, 10:12 PM
THIS

The Square Deal is a minimal press, and if it were mine, and I were going to use a Dillon press, I'd opt for the upgrade.

Biggest problem with a square deal is it doesn't work with regular dies, upgrade to something that does and takes larger rifle cartridges.

Mumblypeg
08-06-2012, 10:15 PM
I can't tell you if they still do but my first SD Dillion( I have 3 now) was bought used. It had some parts missing and I called Dillion. I didn't even have the manual so I realy didn't know what parts were missing. Whoever I talked to said they would send me the manual and to just call them back when I knew what I needed. The manual arrived 2 or 3 days later, from AZ no less to SC. I thought ,man that was fast. I called them back and ordered what I needed and aksed how to pay for it. The Gentelman replied,"No charge. It's guarentied fo life." I told him that I bought it used and he said, "I don't give a s**t. It's for life!" The parts arrived a few days later at no charge. NOBODY make a guarantee like that!!!! They make great stuff and they mean what they say.

500MAG
08-06-2012, 10:32 PM
This is the reloader. I would be getting it plus two RCBS RC's for $250.
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/cagowans/photo2.jpg

Artful
08-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Yep someone likes you...

If it's set up in a caliber you use all the time just have it rebuilt the way it is.

angus6
08-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Straight from Dillon 7/25/12

Bob,

The cost to rehab a Square Deal is $67.95 plus the cost of any major missing parts. This includes return shipping.

We strip it completely, clean everything in the solvent tank, replace all worn/damaged parts, relube, reassemble,

And readjust it.

Please send your address, so I can create a return authorization for you.

warpspeed
08-07-2012, 11:57 AM
This is the reloader. I would be getting it plus two RCBS RC's for $250.
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/cagowans/photo2.jpg

If you don't want it, send me his contact info & I'd gladly take them.

dauntlessdave
08-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Whatever you decide, dealing with Dillon is dealing with a world class operation. I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll be pleased with the results.

runfiverun
08-08-2012, 12:10 AM
i'd send it to them and specify a caliber they'll set it up.
then just leave it in that caliber. make your tweaks to it and leave it alone.
if you want caliber options.......upgrade to the 550.

Crash_Corrigan
08-08-2012, 12:53 AM
I have a pair of SD's. One is set up for 9 MM and the other for .45 ACP's. The 550B w/casefeeder is set up for .41 Magnum and I use a Lee Classic Turret Press for my .44 Specials. I also have a Midway single stage press for utility work and depriming. Also an old Lee Challenger and a hand press for the range.

When loading for my rifles I use the 550B w/o the casefeeder. I load my .223, .30 carbine, 30-30, 303 and 30-06 on this one and usually use the Lee Classic Turret press for my 6.5x55 MM Sweede.

I also have an ancient Lyman Spar T 6 holer for my BPCR 50-90 and 38-55.

Once that SD is set up and working well it is a joy to use. A bit of a PITA to change calibre with but that is why I have two of them. If I had the space and money I would buy about 3 more of them just so I could load .38's, 380's and 45 Colt.

500MAG
08-09-2012, 07:04 PM
As far as I know, Dillon will replace any parts that are damaged or broken. It wouldn't be fair to expect them to just send you missing parts.
You don't need an original receipt. Their warranty is a NO B.S. warranty.

However,

You have a couple of options:

1) Call Dillon and arrange to have the press sent back to them. They will REBUILD it to factory new, including all of the missing parts, etc..... for a reasonable fee. You'll pay the freight to get it to them, and they will pay the freight to get it to you.

or

2) Call Dillon and arrange for a "Factory Upgrade". They will receive the press from you, and charge you a fair price for the 550, 650, or whatever...... Again, you would pay the freight to them, and they would cover the freight to you on the upgraded press.

You might call them anyway to review that the options are indeed options.

I guess the option you choose would depend on what you intend to do with the press you have.

I contacted them thru their support e-mail and this is what I asked:
I had heard that Dillon has a program which allows you to turn in your Square Deal press and pay to upgrade to the RL550. If this is true, what is the price?

This was the answer I received today:
No, we do not, other than within the first 30 days of purchase.

Thank you,

Dillon Precision Products, Inc.
:confused:

Lance Boyle
08-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I think they can upgrade their older versions of the same press but not from a completely different frame like the SD. The 450 and 500 I believe they can do up to the 550 or used to offer that service. They 450-500-550 were all the basically the same upgraded over time.

You'd be getting your old frame back with newer parts hanging on it, maybe an extra something machined to the frame for the extra parts. Not exactly sure but I do remember the "upgrade your 500 to a 550" offers.

It was a rebuild not a trade in.

hiram1
08-10-2012, 09:12 PM
there is no bs at dillon Just good folks

Bad Water Bill
08-10-2012, 10:44 PM
I bought a DILLON from a widow who had 0 interest or knowledge about the 550.

I had 0 experience with a DILLON so called them and asked for help.

Bolt it down where you can look at it as we talk then call back was the answer and I could understand where they were coming from.

The next time I called I reminded the person that I purchased it used. Not a problem was the reply as he walked me thru making sure if any parts were missing. When we finished the checklist I asked HOW MUCH?

Since you are obviously alive the guarantee is still in effect so no charge for the parts.

When the package arrived a couple days later I found all of my missing parts PLUS a free DILLON DVD on the handling and maintenance of my 550B PLUS a free DILLON ball cap.

When DILLON says NO BS it is NO BS.

500MAG
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
I bought a DILLON from a widow who had 0 interest or knowledge about the 550.

I had 0 experience with a DILLON so called them and asked for help.

Bolt it down where you can look at it as we talk then call back was the answer and I could understand where they were coming from.

The next time I called I reminded the person that I purchased it used. Not a problem was the reply as he walked me thru making sure if any parts were missing. When we finished the checklist I asked HOW MUCH?

Since you are obviously alive the guarantee is still in effect so no charge for the parts.

When the package arrived a couple days later I found all of my missing parts PLUS a free DILLON DVD on the handling and maintenance of my 550B PLUS a free DILLON ball cap.

When DILLON says NO BS it is NO BS.

How long ago was this? I have had a couple people tell me the same and a couple tell me that they had to pay for replacement parts. I checked what was missing and it comes to just under $100 worth of parts.

Bad Water Bill
08-10-2012, 11:24 PM
This was about 3 years ago. Try calling them tomorrow before noon and you can get your answers DIRECT from DILLON.

At the price you paid for all of the goodies even the $100 more would be a great deal.

Lizard333
08-13-2012, 08:41 PM
You only pay for parts you don't have. Even then, a dishonest person could lie and say the parts were broken. Not what I would do.

I second the upgrading to 550. Well worth it. Welcome to the would of Dillon. The BEST customer service out there. Hands down.

angus6
08-21-2012, 04:00 PM
500MAG did you end up sending it in ? Just got mine back from them, they got it on the 6th and it was here when I got home. It looked about like yours when I shipped it and it now looks new. They list putting $423.43 back into it

LuckyLuke
08-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Hello all - my first post here. Swede - so my english-spelling might be a bit rusty, but I´ll guess you will understand most of it anyhows.

Found this forum due to my intense searching for info on BoolitMaking.., soon the ´CastBoolits´-equipment that www.midsouthshooterssupply.comhttp://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/ have sent to me will arrive. Allthough I Haven´t actually recieved the package yet , so far I have only good words to say about them. Wery helpfull indeed. Sandra O. had a great patience when it comes to help totally-cast-newbies like me.

Been learning quite a few new words at CastBoolits also. Like "Range Scrap".., most probably going to the range tomorrow for some digging..

Didnt really thought that I´d become a member here - and - the reason that I went through all that filling-up-forms-waiting-for-e-mails, was because of this thread where people discussed the Dillon RL550.

Well, not only are my shipment from Midsouthshooterssupply on its way, but, about a week ago, I´ve recieved a package from Dillon!! ..and..for free!!

Let me enclose some words from an email that I´ve sent to them:

(This is my answear after they said that they will ship the sparepart..to Sweden.. that I needed)

""Due to the age of the machine(10-15yrs??), and the possibility that it might not only be normal attrition, but also handling error, well... I do not really 'demand' Dillon to help me out here...

Like - if my 10yr Old Car is getting rusty, then I wouldnt demand that Volvo sends Me a New one... :-)

-I'm astounded by you guys at Dillon, really!

If you decide to send Me a New part anyway; my mailing adress:
-------------
----------------
------

------

(I also would gladly pay for the part, as its most probably are normal wear.)

Unbelievable..you guys!

Sincerely Yours
/-----------""

So, spelled in a much shorter sentence: Dillon is Absolutely Amasing! GoodWill in Truckloads!!

dauntlessdave
08-21-2012, 08:02 PM
LuckyLuke, welcome! Dillon is an amazing company and that most of us agree upon.

This is a great place to pick up valuable reloading and boolit casting information. Glad you found us.

km101
08-21-2012, 10:58 PM
I called Dillon about a replacement tube for my powder measure on my 550. They sent me the tube, NC and a Dillon cap that arrived in 3 days. This was 3 yrs ago.

Last month I ordered some ammo boxes in .45acp. Took them 5 days to process my order and it came UPS which took 5 days from NV to TX. Must not be the same people in CS any more.

DukeInFlorida
09-29-2012, 06:57 AM
I stand corrected on that one. Thanks.

I contacted them thru their support e-mail and this is what I asked:
I had heard that Dillon has a program which allows you to turn in your Square Deal press and pay to upgrade to the RL550. If this is true, what is the price?

This was the answer I received today:
No, we do not, other than within the first 30 days of purchase.

Thank you,

Dillon Precision Products, Inc.
:confused: