PDA

View Full Version : Weaver scope repair

27judge
08-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I could use a little help. I have a weaver V16 with the fine crosshair and dot.I have it mounted on a encore with a 30-06 custom barrel and warne rings.I picked it up the other day and Wow i have a set of broke crosshairs. The crosshair is broke on the left side and hanging down.Where can i send this scope for crosshair repair/replacement with a std crosshair. Tks for your time KEN

shooterg
08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
T.K. Lee Co. still installs crosshairs about as cheap as anybody - go ahead and get a dot, you'll like it.

Guesser
08-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Call "Ironsight Inc. In Oklahoma. Google Ironsight. I've had a couple Weavers repaired there. Good workmanship.

gbrown
08-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Call "Ironsight Inc. In Oklahoma. Google Ironsight. I've had a couple Weavers repaired there. Good workmanship.

+1 with that. I sent one (V9) up there and didn't hear about them receiving it. Called and talked to the ole boy who actually does the repairs. (He was filling in for the receptionist) We had a long, very enjoyable talk. I think they (he) will do a great job! Just be aware that it will be 12 mos. + to get it done. I'm patient, but can't wait to get it back!!:grin:

1Shirt
08-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Probably a foolish question, but has anybody ever sent back a defunct/improper functioning TASCO? If so, to where, and if so, what were the results?
1Shirt!

Guesser
08-12-2012, 08:34 PM
I've owned, used, traded and sold a lot of Tasco scopes. I have never had one fail while in my possession. I know where there are a few that someone replaced because they supposedly didn't work right.

Good question, I have never thought to ask it.

gbrown
08-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Probably a foolish question, but has anybody ever sent back a defunct/improper functioning TASCO? If so, to where, and if so, what were the results?
1Shirt!

I may be mistaken, and all feel free to correct me, but I have heard/read the Tasco has changed hands a couple of times in the last 10--15 years. The scopes coming out now are not anywhere the quality of the old Tasco's. Again, this is rumors I have heard. Anyone with "real" knowledge, feel free to correct me. I think all of their "old" warranties are of no value. Maybe you can call customer service?

Safeshot
08-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Some Tasco Scopes are still under Warranty. Depends on when the scope was made. Later manufactured Tasco Scopes (made since "Bushnell" bought them out) are warranted by Bushnell. Google up the Bushnell web sight and give them call. I think that they have very good customer support and warranty coverage. They can identify when the scope was made. The older scopes are warranted by a different company (I think a "service center") that charges a service, shipping and handling fee. For this situation it is probably a better idea, if you like Tasco scopes, to purchase a new one from Walmart. I think that Bushnell has some nice low priced Scopes and I think that they have good customer service. Both Tasco and Bushnell Scopes are available at good discount prices from "on line" vendors. I am not associated with Bushnell in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Guesser
08-13-2012, 10:19 AM
I have had several of the late production Tasco 2.5-10 Varmint scopes, they have been very good scopes for 22 CF rifles. I know Bushnell supposedly backs them but I had a bad dealing with Bushnell about 20 years ago. Makes me wonder; umhum?

Dragoon 45
08-13-2012, 03:42 PM
There shop is only a couple of miles from my house. If you ever come through Tulsa it is worth your while to stop in and talk to them.

Wally
08-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Some Tasco Scopes are still under Warranty. Depends on when the scope was made. Later manufactured Tasco Scopes (made since "Bushnell" bought them out) are warranted by Bushnell. Google up the Bushnell web sight and give them call. I think that they have very good customer support and warranty coverage. They can identify when the scope was made. The older scopes are warranted by a different company (I think a "service center") that charges a service, shipping and handling fee. For this situation it is probably a better idea, if you like Tasco scopes, to purchase a new one from Walmart. I think that Bushnell has some nice low priced Scopes and I think that they have good customer service. Both Tasco and Bushnell Scopes are available at good discount prices from "on line" vendors. I am not associated with Bushnell in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Goto TASCO.COM---"CONTACT US" Tell them of the problem with the model No. ---they will tell you to send to them in Overland Park, KS...99% of the time they will send you a new scope, however if the scope is discontinued, it will be a different model.

FWest
08-14-2012, 03:17 PM
I just called for a broken spotting scope. They said no parts available so they would give me 30-40% off the purchase of a new one.

leadman
08-14-2012, 09:41 PM
I had a World Class break the recticle a few years back, right after Bushnell bought them. They would not even look at it.
The only Tasco scopes I have not had break are the old 30mm pistol scopes. had one on a 444 Marlin Contender barrel for over 2,000 rounds it is still good.