PDA

View Full Version : Early Fathers Day

TDB9901
05-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Number two son called Friday night, asked me to come over and help solve a problem. When I arived he handed me two M1895 Nagant revolvers, and wondered which one to keep, and which one to give me for my Birthday/Fathers Day present.

One was Ischevek arsenal, 1944 one Tula. 1940, both are in re-arsenaled conditon. Ishcevek has very good bore, rougher action. Tula has pits as though blueing compound was left in it, but a pretty smooth action. Rifling still pretty good after major clean up, and some lapping to smooth it up some.

Didn't have much time, but shot one cylinder full of the yellow boxed soviet ammo through each. Both shot very good at 30 feet in spite of terrible triggers. Kept 4 out of 7 shots almost touching out of the Ischevek with better bore, but the Tula wasn't bad at all.

Can't tell much with just seven shots on a windy afternoon, but another fun project for us to work on if ever get time. Read all of the old threads here on these guns, and ordered some Starline Brass last night.

All I need is another project though. Lets see, I've got my K-31, M/N, SKS,
and 45 colt all fairly new and needing cast loads worked up for them. Then I've got my Step Mother's spring fencing and windmills to fix, plus all the other spring stuff to do on weekends....

Oh, so many toys, so little time....