PDA

View Full Version : Searching old posts

geargnasher
08-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Occasionally I dig back in to some of the more knowlegeable member's old posts, and from the member's profile page used to be able to go back 5,000 or so, but tonight I tried it and everyone's is set to only 1500. I can't find a way to search the archives by a member's username to bring up only their posts. Not happy about this, is there something I'm missing?

Gear

waksupi
08-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Ask Willy.

Bret4207
08-04-2012, 07:29 AM
I do the same thing. I'm sure there's a way to go back further, but I imagine it's archived somewhere.

montana_charlie
08-04-2012, 12:04 PM
See how this works for you ...

Put this search string in the box at Google
geargnasher site.http://castboolits.gunloads.com

When you get a page of results your most recent post should be at the top, with a short list of others below it.
Below that list is a link to 'See more results ... '

Click that link and see how many of your old posts are available.
Then change to a different username (or a keyword) after you are done experimenting.

CM

BruceB
08-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Yep; a few weeks back I could access 96 PAGES of my old posts, and now it's a max of sixty pages....same for Montana Charlie, geargnasher and some others with a lot more posts than I have.

I do like having the ability to step back in time and review discussions we had in the past. Besides, I also use the site to store info in some cases.

The easiest way to access a member's posts is to just click on his user name beside ANY of his posts....a series of options will appear, and one of them is "Find more posts by xxxxxx" click on that option, and all available posts will be accessible (up to sixty pages, right now).

shooter93
08-04-2012, 06:44 PM
You guys are just saying too much so you had to be limited.....Ric won't tell you that so I'll let the secret out....lmao.

1Shirt
08-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Ah, honesty!
1Shirt!