PDA

View Full Version : Camp Perry

Firebricker
08-03-2012, 08:46 PM
I had a friend of mine take me to Camp Perry today to watch a match and check out vendors row and the CMP store. First stop the CMP store they had a good selection of Garands in there today had to run out before bill money turned into a rifle LOL. Lot's of friendly people on vendor row and all kinds of goodies.

I watched a match with 1903 Springfields and I got to say that was cool you can't help but want to get a rifle and shoot one of these match,s. My friend has been trying to talk me into shooting there for a while. He told me if I saw one in person I'd be hooked and he was correct. I don't know if I would have the nerve to go with out help.

But since of got a buddy that used to shoot there quite a bit so that takes away a lot of pressure for me so Lord willing next summer I'm going to give it a try. Probably will try to pick up a Garand or National Match AR-15 sometime this year. Anybody here shooting at C.P. this week ?

chuckbuster
08-03-2012, 08:53 PM
I never have, several friends are there. Neat place.

Blacksmith
08-03-2012, 08:54 PM
If you want a garand that is completely rebuilt with new stock and new barrel the CMP Specials are beautiful and the prices are less than the same quality elsewhere.
http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/m1garand.htm

wv109323
08-03-2012, 08:58 PM
I have shot the pistol phase several times. Quite an experience and commercial row takes a lot of money.

Dale53
08-03-2012, 09:50 PM
EVERY shooter should make Camp Perry at least ONCE in his life. He owes it to himself. I went through the Small Arms School and had the greatest instructor possible, SFC Bill Blankenship! I have made several trips there since (last year, for one) and have always enjoyed the experience.

Dale53

bob208
08-03-2012, 10:34 PM
it is on my bucket list

Echo
08-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Made it several times in the '60's & 70's, even took my family & stayed in Squaw Camp in 69. Firing member of the USAF Pistol Team in the National Trophy Team Match in 72 (or 73 - CRS). Came in second, behind the Army (which we expected - we were just a pick-up team, and the Army had resources we didn't), but at least we beat our perennial foes, the Marines, so we were Happy Campers!
Thought I should go one more time, before I got too old, so went back in 2005. Waited too long - shot the sorriest score ever! Cest la vie...

madsenshooter
08-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Lots of fun! I was there with my Krag. Did ok until the standing shooting, then I dropped down to middle of the pack. I wasn't shooting cast, though I gave that a try last year. Actually, it was my third year of shooting Krags. I really need to get some practice shooting from standing!