PDA

View Full Version : any smokeless shooters

clintsfolly
05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
have a savage and a home grown smokeless anybody out there of like mind? clint:drinks:

GrizzLeeBear
05-08-2007, 04:52 PM
My muzzleloaders are flintlocks, but I'm curious...whats a "home grown smokeless"?

dragonrider
05-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Well I haven't smoked in 35 years, does that count? :mrgreen: Sorry I just had too, but I don't understand your question. I don't recall seeing you here before SO welcome to the forum, we are glad your herre.

piwo
05-08-2007, 05:27 PM
If homegrown smokless means building them, then yes, I'm home growin. If not, pleaase define and I'll see where I fit in! :drinks:

clintsfolly
05-08-2007, 08:38 PM
yes a home made muzzleloader rifle that uses smokeless powder. the smoking area is down wind please clint

piwo
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, I still don't fit the bill. I build muzzleloaders (prefer 1700 colonial styles), but don't use smokeless powder. Guy at our range who did BP rifles with smokeless powder, he was a novelty. Nobody understood his system: he just poured unknown smokeless powder own the barrel, and shot. It was percussion, but it always went booooom. This was many, many years before the building flintlocks bug bit me........

BBA
05-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I have a Savage, but mostly shoot Pyrodex in it. DNR gets excited when in the woods with it. Usually end up pulling the load to show the Pyrodex. I had a 35cal barrel I was going to play with but one of my boys used it for a pry bar. So much for that.

GrizzLeeBear
06-04-2007, 10:55 PM
yes a home made muzzleloader rifle that uses smokeless powder.

Hope you got good insurance. You proof test them yourself? Sounds pretty risky for something to just shoot at the range since you can't hunt with them.

NSP64
06-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm new to ML and toyed with the idea of a 'home grown smokeless' but couldn't see the benefit? do you have any chrono loads or recipies that might peak my interest into coming over to the 'light'

mazo kid
06-07-2007, 03:21 PM
The Savage was designed to be shot with either BP or smokeless. All other guns are marked "Black Powder ONLY". Must be a reason, dont'cha think? Emery