PDA

View Full Version : New Beretta 92 FS w/checkered wood grips

seagiant
08-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi,
Thought I would show off my new pistola! I have put about 200 rds of ammo through this. My reloads using the RCBS 124 gr. TC boolit and not one hiccup yet! I've had plenty of pistols of different makes but this has been the most reliable I've seen out of the box.

The grips are Beretta factory with logos but are not original to the pistol. Is anyone shooting this pistol? I'd love to hear opinions!

fivegunner
08-03-2012, 08:00 AM
I have one , great shooter , its a big handgun holds alot of bullets, but my frist love is the 1911, .45acp. :cbpour:

Fishman
08-03-2012, 01:56 PM
I've got the Brigadier version and it is smooth shooting, as to be expected from such a big, well-made gun in 9mm. I found the bore on mine to measure .358.

almostgem
08-03-2012, 02:20 PM
I have a Taurus FS92, that I bought right after Andrew took out South Miami. It eats anything that I've purchased, or made for it, and isn't picky at all. It likes lead, just as well as jacketed rounds. It looks very much like yours, except that the grips are smooth. Its a fine example of a great design.

John
Almostgem

Sent from my rooted Kindle Fire running Ice Cream Sandwich.

GrizzLeeBear
08-03-2012, 06:53 PM
I just picked up a 92F last week. Not quite as nice as yours, has a bit of holster wear, and has the factory rubber grips. Haven't shot it yet, but I did slug the barrel at .357. I will definitely be looking for some wood grips for it!

seagiant
08-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi Grizz,
I got these on our favorite auction site for $38. CDNN has some like it or maybe the same for $30 but the pic was so bad I couldn't tell so paid the extra $8 to make sure I got what I wanted! Hogue makes some nice ones but they are $50 and up and have no logos!

They may not work any better than plastic,but do impart pride of ownership!

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-03-2012, 09:41 PM
The last gunshow I was at, a Beretta 92FS Centurion followed me home...price was right, I wasn't sure what to expect, I was happy to find it liked the 2 two 9mm boolits that I like to cast.
Jon

the Centurion version of the 92FS features slightly shorter slide and barrel (4 1/4 inch), standard DA/SA trigger, ambi safety/decock lever, matte black finish, metal trigger and guide rod and wears the factory black plastic grips. factory magazine is 15 round

seagiant
08-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi Jon,
After a lot of running around and talking to people it seems there's not alot that these pistols don't feed! They have a completely different way of doing it compared to a 1911. Mine also has a chrome lined barrel like the M9! I hope to run into one like you have one day! Any pics?

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-05-2012, 11:21 AM
The round on the left is Lee's 358 125 RF sized to .357 lubed with Lotak.
The round on the right is a RD TLC 356 135, Gas checked and tumble lubed.
These are the two rounds I like to use the most, Yeah they are very similar.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/JonB_in_Glencoe/RtsideBeretta92FSCenturion.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/JonB_in_Glencoe/LtsideBeretta92FSCenturion.jpg